BC contracting-out a threat to privacy and health acts
- Plant in the courts. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p34
Outlines a case in which it was accepted that a plant hire contract with an operator should be subject to different rules to a contract without an operator. Provisions under the Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act of 1996; Details of the case.
- Canceling A Monitoring Contract. Gold, Lessing E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the appropriate legal action concerning canceling a monitoring contract on a past due account. Relationship between an alarm company and subscriber; Role of a written contract in the company-subscriber relationship; Consequence of the failure of the subscriber to pay the due amount.
- Taylor v Hamer. Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;8/17/2002, Issue 233, p96
Presents the lawsuit filed by Taylor against Hamer on the construction of contract for sale of land in Great Britain. Summary of the case; Decision of the court; Legal principles involved in the case.
- Wilson and another v Truelove and another. Cooklin, Alan // Estates Gazette;3/8/2003, Issue 310, p164
Presents information on a court case about the option perpetuity rule in Great Britain. Legal provisions on the sale of a farm under contract.
- Blow 'Em Away With Just a Simple Phrase. Feldman, Robert A. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 128, p6
Focuses on the case 'Torrance Memorial Medical Center v. Toshiba America Medical Systems Inc.' Breach of express warranty and misrepresentation, fraud and concealment.
- Timing is Everything. Waddell, Tony // New Zealand Management;May99, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p62
Provides an insight into how and when a formal offer of employment will be made. Details on the case of Baker versus Armourgard Security; Guidelines which should form the basis of the strategy.
- European law. // Consumer Policy Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p151
Features the case `Bayerrishe Hypotheken-und Wechselbank AG vs. Edgar Dietzinger' on right of cancellation under contract of guarantee.
- More users dispute contracts. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;6/27/2002, p6
Focuses on the increase in the number of information technology (IT) contract disputes in Great Britain. Views of consumers on performance levels; Refusal of companies to pay for IT projects; Financial effects of the economic slowdown.
- Comment. Lear, Joseph D.; Chance, Jackson W. // California Law Review;Sep30, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p673
Presents commentaries on court cases and decisions in the U.S. as of September 1930. Search without warrant as incident to lawful arrest; Forfeiture of the installment contract for the purchase and sale of land in Glock versus Howard & Wilson Colony Company.