What's new under the hood & on the road
- Acting globally. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Sep2000, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p76
Looks at the innovations made by German truck components maker ZF Friedrichshafen AG. Information on AS Tronic automated transmissions for light- and medium-duty commercial vehicles; How automated transmissions entered the European market for light-duty commercial trucks; Improvements in manual...
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p78
Evaluates products and services of the trucking industry in the United States. Details on the front loading refuse body condor; Advantage of the radial drive tire; Features of the A/C dye injection gun.
- FROM SUPPLIERS. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p45
Introduces various truck equipment and supplies recent as of June 2003. Yokohama Rubber Co.'s tire air pressure monitoring system; BF Goodrich Commercial Truck Tires' drive tires; Hendrickson's suspension systems.
- Product Focus. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p67
The article evaluates several pickup accessories, including the UltraShift Highway Value (HV) transmission from Eaton Corp., stainless steel accessories from Hino Trucks, and ACRAFIT antisiphon device from PACCAR Parts.
- Faster than a blinking eye. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;2/9/2006, p10
Reports on the launch of the Direct Shift Gearbox by Volkswagen. Increase in the number of van manufacturers that are offering automated manual transmissions; Availability and features of the equipment; Advantages and disadvantages of the equipment.
- 2013 Truck Tire Application Guide. // Fleet Owner Blog;2/19/2013, p3
An introduction to the section of the journal, the annual Truck Tire Application Chart, is presented.
- Going single. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Owner;Jan2002, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the efforts of manufacturers to advance the tire treadlife of trucks. Considerations in positioning the outer sidewall of a tire; Issues that could benefit from the acceptance of single tires.
- market place. // Overdrive;Dec2001, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p48
Features truck equipment. Advantages of the combined SKF Lunar hub technology from Hendrickson; Introduction of the 365/80R20 XTE2 tire for high-capacity front axles from Michelin; Suitability of Brake Lock, an anti-theft product from Spectra, for vehicles equipped with air brake systems.
- ZF showcases truck technologies. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p27
The article evaluates the PowerLine light commercial automatic transmission, ExoLife transmission-based hybrid drivetrain, and a heavy-duty truck suspension system from ZF Industries.