- N.Y. judge upholds Eastern permit denial. // Waste News;01/18/99, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p21
States that a New York state judge has upheld the state's decision to deny a permit for Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s Morgan Avenue waste transfer station.
- Eastern buys 5 more firms. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/30/98, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p3
Reports on Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s purchase of five more firms to further increase its base in New Jersey, Florida, New York and Pennsylvania. States' efforts to block the merger between Eastern and Waste Management Inc.
- Eastern Six sue WMI. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;02/21/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the lawsuit brought by six former executives of Eastern Environmental Services Inc. against Waste Management Inc. (WMI). Demand on WMI to pay for the executives' defense against allegations that they inflated Eastern's value before the company was sold; Inclusion of claimed provision...
- Goliath rises, takes action. // Waste News;01/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p8
Editorial. Comments on the lawsuits involving Waste Management Inc. Controversy concerning the company's 1998 purchase of Eastern Environmental Services Inc.; Company's inquiry into its former executives' business dealings.
- Judge sets merger trial date. // Waste News;12/07/98, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p23
Reports on the trial date set by the New York City, New York district court judge Frederick Block for the case filed by the Justice Department blocking the merger of Waste Management Inc. and Eastern Environmental Services Inc.
- Superior adds firms worth $27 million. // Waste News;08/31/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p1
Reports that Superior Services Inc. completed the acqusition of six refuse haulers. Combined revenue of the firms; Names of companies involved in the agreement.
- Superior Services' stock suffers. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/30/98, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p4
Focuses on the decline in the stock price of Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Superior Services Inc. as a result of its disappointing 1998 third quarter earnings. Criticisms from Wall Street analyst Michael Hoffman on the company's poor consolidation strategy; Factors affecting the firm's poor...
- Acquisitions. // World Wastes;Dec97, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p7
Reports on developments in the refuse disposal industry in the United States as of December 1997. Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s acquisition of the Pine Grove Landfill and the Pine Grove Hauling Co.; Med/Waste Inc.'s purchase of Environmental Waste Reductions Inc. assets.
- Earnings. // Waste News;11/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p14
Lists the earnings of waste management companies in fiscal years 1997 and 1996. American Waste Services Incorporated; Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated; Stericycle Incorporated.