- Spicing up the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p120
Deals with the growing popularity of Asian dishes at food service outlets in hospitals across the United States. Asian dishes served at the San Francisco General Hospital in California; Explanations from food service officials; Specialties served at the California Pacific Medical Center in...
- Let's Do Chinese. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the production of cook-chill batches of Chinese specialties by the New York University downtown hospital in New York City. Number of authentic lunches for an adult day care center; List of special menus; Insights on central production.
- Woks, Stir-Fries Set the Pace: Why Asian Is `Hot'. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p130
Features the Asian dishes served at the Wood City Hospital cafeteria in the United States. Characteristics of Asian dishes; Basic cooking methods for Asian dishes; Student participation in cooking Asian stir-fries at Hamilton College New York, New York; Standard procedures for stir-fry cooking.
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- Expertise in Expansion. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p24
The article features Saint Francis Health System Director of Nutrition and Food Service Lisette Coston and cites his contributions to the food service department at the hospital. Coston has been working with Saint Francis for 24 years with the last 13 as director. She was credited for opening...
- NEARS TOP OF PRESS, GANEY SCALE: Texas hosp. raises focus on service. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
States that Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas, has increased patient satisfaction in its food service. Patient satisfaction scores of Shannon; Efforts of Shannon to increase patient satisfaction; Menu changes.
- New surveys spur health care feeders to keep raising standards. Boss, Donna L. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p52
The article offers some insights into improvements in internal patient satisfaction surveys for health care foodservice companies in the U.S. These companies have revamped their menus, improved food quality and introduced spoken menus, liberalized diets, room service, pods and other programs to...
- Changing Perceptions. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p28
The article discusses how a new department name and uniforms contributed to the increase in employee and customer satisfaction at St. Mary's Hospital Foodservice in Richmond, Virginia. It cites the significant changes implemented by Keith DeMars, director of nutrition services at St. Mary's...
- Promotional Power. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p50
The article offers information on how Tim Bauman, director of food and nutrition services at Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, Ohio uses seasonal events as a powerful tool for bringing in customers and building satisfaction. In the summer, he likes to do picnics with fancy cakes and gingham...