Here for the long haul
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- The Room Service Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article presents way to achieve menu success with a room service program in a hospital. Room service allows hospitals to broaden the menu choices available to patients. The key component is customization, it is important to personalize the menu to the patient before they ever see it....
- Room Service Refined. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p52
The article offers information on the increasing trend of room service among hospitals in the U.S. as it is said to provide patient satisfaction and improved food quality service. It mentions that the new service being implemented among hospitals has also helped staff give each patient a better...
- Get Out the China. Dalton, Aaron // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2005, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the establishment of a gourmet room service by the Medical City hospital in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the establishment of the service; Financial benefits of the service to the hospital; Increase in the satisfaction of patients with the room service.
- Hospitals Serve Up Room Service-Style Dining. Hurley-Schubert, Victoria // njbiz;2/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the move of CentraState Medical Center in New Jersey to switch its 271-bed hospital to Five Star Room Service, a hotel-style food ordering and delivery system in October 2006 to lower costs, lessen food waste and increase patient satisfaction and survey scores. According...
- Following drop for `non-selects': Limited choice menus... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p31
Discusses the implementation of non-select menus for patients at Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, Washington. Reasons for the implementation of non-select menu; Process to improve patient satisfaction; Response to desire for choice of patients. Overlake is a non-profit,...
- FOOD QUALITY UP, COSTS DOWN: BAYSTATE DOES ROOM SVC. // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the move of Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts to offer room service. Effect of the project on patient satisfaction; Processes involved from ordering up to delivery of the food; Menus served; Modes of payment available.
- Hospital Takes 'Lean' Approach. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that St. Vincent Health Center in Erie, Pennsylvania reduced meal delivery times for its room service program by more than half in 2007 by implementing the Lean Six Sigma approach to improving service. Barry Locke, director of food and nutrition services for the hospital,...
- Hospitals taking orders. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1
Presents a study on the room service offered by self-operated healthcare foodservice market. Primary reason for the adoption of room service by healthcare foodservice market; Fraction of the members of the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM) that offer room service for...