Catering pays off
- HELPS KEEP MEAL PRICES LOW: Catering volume riding high at Saddleback Valley USD. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p34
Reports on the use of catering services by the Saddleback Valley Unified School District in Mission Viejo, California to generate additional operating revenue. Benefits of keeping catering sales circulating within the system; Importance of catering revenue to California; Number of schools in...
- School District Caters Its Way to an Extra $100k. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the growth of extra revenue for in-house food service departments at Cartwright School, Arizona K-8 School District, driven by the aggressive promotion of its catering program.
- SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT...TEMPORARY KITCHENS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/11/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4349, p70
Answers several questions about temporary kitchens used in the catering business. Uses of a temporary kitchen; Cost of temporary kitchens; Things to consider when installing temporary kitchens.
- Moveable feasts. Ferguson, Stuart // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/17/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4523, p52
The article discusses the new trends in the hospitality industry particularly on building a temporary kitchen. According to CKS managing director Mark Kingston, temporary kitchen are being used to feed the VIPs and performers, on special events. In response to the demand for hot, fresh food to...
- The rain's a pain. Gunn, Jessica // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4260, p38
Features the the Nottingham City Hospital catering team in Nottingham, England. Investment in the hospital's kitchen which opened in September 2002; Redesign of the kitchen facility; Factor which contributed to the reduction of staff costs at the hospital kitchen.
- Contractors poised for steady growth in 2005. Cushing, Karl // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/17/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4366, p14
Focuses on the report from the British Hospitality Association on the contract catering market in Great Britain in 2004. Turnover of contract caterers; Rate of decline in the number of staff employed in the industry; Obstacles to be faced by the industry in 2005.
- Vacherin ends first year on a high note. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/27/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4301, p17
Reports on the operational status of food service caterer Vacherin as of November 2003. Turnover for its first year of operation; Target clients of the company; Benefits from its fee-only approach.
- inside track. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4306, p55
Features the contract catering company Everson Hewett. Financial performance of the company as of October 2003; Number of employees; Company philosophy.
- Going for Growth. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p52
The article offers information on how the decision of the foodservice department of Unified School District in Scottsdale, Arizona to began outside catering has helped the district generate extra revenue. Some of the catering clients have decided to participate in the National School Lunch...