Breakfast in class takes off
- Setting the table. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on the classroom breakfast programs and reduced price breakfast fee initiative implemented in elementary schools by the Washington County Public School District in Maryland. Increase in the breakfast participation in the school district during the school year 2002 to 2003; Number of...
- BREAKFAST: In-class meals prove worthy in Tex., New Mex. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p55
Cites the outcome of in-class breakfasts served in the classrooms of two schools in the United States. Cost of foods served at the Jimmy Carter Middle School in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Information on the breakfast program at Midland Independent School District in Texas; Benefits of the...
- WISD readies for "Breakfast Week" // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/24/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on a campaign by Whitney Intermediate School District (WISD) to introduce students to the importance of school breakfast during the National School Breakfast Week, March 8-12, 2010.
- Seamless Summer Feeding Program. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);5/29/2014, Vol. 119 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the Seamless Summer Breakfast and Lunch Program to be hosted by the Grand Saline Independent School District in Texas from June 9, 2014 through July 3, 2014.
- FOUR YEARS LATER: Pueblo school b'fast soars. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Deals with the breakfast participation at the Pueblo School District in Colorado in January 2003. Number of schools included in the service; Goal of the breakfast program; Description of breakfast entrees.
- HANDHELD THE KEY: PHILLY BREAKFAST RISES. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the expected increase in breakfast participation at the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania in the 2002-2003 school year. Number of feeding sites that will begin the semester offering grab-and-go meals; Examples of food served.
- WISD recognizes School Breakfast Week. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/26/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p3
The article reports that the Whitney Independent School District (WISD) in Whitney, Texas will recognize the National School Breakfast Program with the theme "Take Time for School Breakfast" from March 3-7, 2014.
- Classroom Breakfast Program Feeds Hungry, Busy Students. // Curriculum Review;Oct2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the selection of 10 U.S. school districts as recipients of the classroom breakfast program of the organization called the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom.
- IN ONE SCHOOL, MORE TO FOLLOW: Brandywine takes the school b'fast challenge. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p50
Reports that increasing breakfast participation of students is a priority in school districts in the United States. Details on the breakfast program of Brandywine School District in Delaware for its students; Reason for prioritizing breakfast participation in schools.