SUNY braces for fall
- Night-owl student customers fuel campus trend to red-eye restaurants. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/05/99, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p43
Reports the impact of the increase in the number of late-night diners on the 24-hour convenience stores in campuses in the United States. Late-night dining services offered by various universities; Influence of students on campus dining; Benefits of the late-night foodservice programs.
- College Student Eating Habit Survey. // Food Management;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p12
This article reports that a recent survey by the trend search organization,Y-Pulse asked 175 college and university students aged 18-25--83% full time and 17% part time--about their eating habits and opinions related to food and beverages. The survey explores subjects such as where students...
- Sooner Showcase. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the renovated Couch Dining Hall which is located at the University of Oklahoma. Restaurant brands which include Chick Fil-A, Sooner Smokehouse, and Cafe del Sol can be found at the Couch Dining Hall. It claims that the renovation is one of the many changes to the school's...
- WORKING ON TO-GO B'FAST: UNIV. DINER SERVES 400/DAY. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the opening of a 24-hour diner called Red Hawk Diner by Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey in 2002. Description of the diner; Foods served; Builder of the food service facility.
- Just in Time for the Holidays... // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on University of Georgia Food Services department's creation of a cookbook featuring the best catering recipes of its holiday luncheons. Showcase of the culinary talents of the catering staff at the Athens, Georgia-based university; Price.
- More healthy options. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p90
Talks about the popularity of chicken dishes in universities and colleges in the United States. Information on chicken menus; How chicken is served by caterers; Why chicken remains popular.
- Meeting multiple requests. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p106
Reveals the efforts of foodservices in schools in the United States to offer varied menus to school children. Examples of ethnic cuisines at the Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont; Description on vegetarian pizza; Vegetarian population at the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
- Lowfat, vegan growing. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p154
Reports on the inclusion of lowfat and vegan selections in vegetarian offerings in university campuses in the United States. Vegetarian selections at Penn State University in University Park, Boston College in Massachusetts, University of San Diego in California and Duke University. INSET:...
- Recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p126
Presents recipes of Mexican foods offered at food facilities in public schools and universities in the United States. Includes El Paso Independent School's Mexican Rice; Volusia County Schools' Cafe Enchiladas; Yuma Regional Medical Center's Chicken Tortilla Soup; El Paso Independent School's...