Hospitals taking orders
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- Evaluation of factors affecting plate waste of inpatients in different healthcare settings. Díaz, Antonio Valero; García, Ángel Caracuel // Nutricion Hospitalaria;mar/abr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p419
Introduction/aims: Satisfaction of inpatients with served food within a hospital care system still constitutes one of the main attempts to modernize food services. The impact of type of menu, food category, hospital centre and timetable on the meals wastage produced in different Spanish...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- Fresh Approaches to Food Service. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2006, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p28
The article reports on the new approach of food service employed by different hospitals in the U.S. Good Shepherd Medical Center serves healthy menu and dietitians do not have to modify meals for patients with heart disease, diabetes, or sodium restrictions. Farmer's markets are popular to some...
- Growing number of hospitals planning food facility facelifts, HFM study says. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;4/28/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p16
The article presents a finding of the study conducted by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM) on the growing numbers of hospitals upgrading foodservice operations in the U.S. The study examines more than 270 HFM-affiliated healthcare food, nutrition professionals,...
- Finding the Recipe for Success. // Food Management;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the conference at the Wild Horse Pass Resort in Phoenix, Arizona, where recordbreaking numbers of HFM, National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management members gathered to explore the latest strategies in driving superior customer service, producing top-quality...
- Buffet Impresario. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the benefits of buffet service to the dining operations at Lincoln Park Health Center in New Jersey under management by foodservice director Rodolfo Rodriguez. Overall patient satisfaction with foodservice following the application of buffet service; Concept of buffets created by...
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.