School deemed 'safe'
- How Safe Is Your Food? Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Current Health Kids;Mar2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p16
The article presents an analysis on the safety calls of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the significance of food safety and the four simple rules of food handling in the U.S.
- CDC Report Cites No Progress on Food Safety. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;11/22/2013, p2
The article focuses on the "Winnable Battles Progress Report" released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2013, which revealed no progress on food safety issues.
- Other food safety initiative projects. Binder, Sue; Khabbaz, Rima; Swaminathan, Bala; Tauxe, Robert; Potter, Morris // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Apr-Jun98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p349
Presents information regarding the endeavors of the United States' Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in supporting projects through the National Food Safety Initiative within the United States for the year 1999. What these projects include; Reference to the National Food Safety...
- (YOUTH) CDC to Fund Evaluation of Healthy Dating Demonstrations. // Community Health Funding Week;3/25/2011, p7
The article informs that white papers are being invited by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) from for-and nonprofit organizations interested in evaluating the agency's "Dating Matters: Strategies to Promote Healthy Teen Relationships Initiative."
- PSA/government. // Advertising Age;5/9/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 20, p37
Features Center for Disease Control's television commercial that was cited as best PSA/government advertising in Advertising Age magazine's The Best Awards. Commercial entitled `Parents/kids' featuring a smoker playing with his son.
- Foodborne Illness: Fact or Fiction. Grover, Steven F.; Tong, Jennifer // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2000, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p96
Examines the status of foodborne illnesses in the United States (U.S.). Number of deaths, illnesses and hospitalizations attributed to foodborne illnesses according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Foodborne disease outbreaks from January 1993 through December 1997; Food...
- WATCH WHAT YOU EAT. DeWaal, Caroline Smith; Plunkett, David W. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);Fall2009 Cool Cargoes, p24
The article reports on the possible flaw in the food safety system of the U.S. It mentions a survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showing an increased incidence of sickness, hospitalization and death due to food-borne hazards. The government agency is looking...
- CLEANLINESS AT HAND. Gazdziak, Sam // National Provisioner;Jul2009, Vol. 223 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses the importance of the proper hygiene of the employees in securing food handling processing in the U.S. Good hygiene of the employees at the workplace is considered vital in preventing food contamination and eliminating pathogens aside from using a clean machineries....
- Food Safety Regulation in the United States: An Empirical and Theoretical Examination. YASUDA, TOMOHIDE // Independent Review;Fall2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p201
In this article the author examines food safety regulations in the United States. In considering the effectiveness of such regulation the author demonstrates that the regulations were not apparent in the statistics compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on food-borne illness...