Baseball's 2-Horse Race
- Stick to the Path. Caffey, Andrew A. // Entrepreneur;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p88
Provides tips for franchise investment in the U.S. Sources of information on franchises; Aspects of franchise investment; Contents of the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular.
- Years of Difference. // Entrepreneur;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p138
Discusses the pros and cons of investing in a newly-operated franchise system versus an established franchise system. Preference of banks to invest in a well-established pattern of success; Lack of competition in a newly-operated franchise system; Comparison on the training capabilities of the...
- Did You Know? // Canadian Business Franchise;1/1/2015, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p49
The article discusses several facts related to franchises which include selling of more than 100 billion dollars worth of products and services by Canadian franchises, average franchisee investment range in Canada ranges, and Canadian employment by franchise operations.
- GUATEMALA. // Caribbean Update;Aug2011, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p10
The article presents news briefs in Guatemala. Guatemala has become the biggest market for franchising in the region with an annual sale of 300 million U.S. dollars. Investors from Taiwan are planning to install a plant for the production of concentrated food for tilapia. The industrial fair in...
- Business opportunity 500. // Entrepreneur;Jul96, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p168
Presents tips on investing in franchises and business opportunities. Meaning of `business opportunity'; Difference between franchises and business opportunities; List of business opportunities.
- FRANCHISE FUNDING BREAK? // Finweek;10/13/2011, p47
The article reports on the opportunities for franchisees looking for funding in South Africa.
- Ballpark: Money Well Spent. Hollon, John // San Diego Business Journal;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p42
Editorial. Comments on the planned opening of the Petco Park ballpark, home of San Diego, California-based San Diego Padres baseball team. Investment of the city and its people in the project; Impact of the ballpark on socio-economic conditions in the area; Expansion of urban redevelopment...
- Steinbrenner's Tax Shelter. Ozanian, Michael K.; Kump, Lesley // Forbes Asia;5/8/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p52
The article focuses on the use of a stadium being developed by the New York Yankees baseball team in Bronx which is expected to be opened in the 2009 season as a tax shelter. The city will receive $55 million a year from the team in lieu of certain taxes and to pay off bonds. The team will be...
- Florida Officials Start Talks for New Marlins Ballpark, With Bonds Likely. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p4
Announces that the Florida Marlins baseball team and local officials have begun negotiations for the construction of a retractable roof ballpark. Finance plan for the stadium expected to include some municipal bonds.