Jupiter, Fla., Survey Boosts Confidence in Land Deal's Success
- Road Petition Deadline. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p31
Reports on the petition in Harrison County, Mississippi calling for a referendum on the county board of supervisors' decision to sell revenue bonds to finance a highway construction. Total amount of revenue bonds; Supervisors' approval of the issue of the bonds on behalf of the Mississippi...
- From Vacant to Verdant. Lyman, Francesca // Parks & Recreation;Jul2008, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p36
This article focuses on cities creating public parks and spaces out of abandoned areas. The city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has started to reform 40,000 vacant properties with 7,000 finished into green spaces, fenced areas, and urban farms. Many of the vacant areas are caused by a decreasing...
- Jupiter on the Horizon. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p27
Reports on the approval of the sale of general obligation bonds to protect remaining vacant land for conservation and right-of-way purposes by voters in Jupiter, Florida.
- Maine's Partisan Divide on Debt Could Derail Special Session. Haislip, Alexander H. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p45
Reports that Maine Treasurer Dale McCormack does not believe that the bond ballot battle in 2004 will impact the volume of state general obligation bonds sold in 2005. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on public finance and the bond market.
- Jefferson County, Colo., officials want to issue bonds to buy land. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30384, p48
Focuses on the decision of officials in Jefferson County, Colorado to ask voters in November 1998 for $160 million of bonding authority to buy vacant land and preserve it as open space. Availability of details for a possible bond sale; Other catalyst for issuing bonds to buy land.
- Market Street corridor poses timely opportunity. // Central Penn Business Journal;1/8/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p14
In this article the author discusses the plight of the vacated lot areas at the Market Street corridor in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He muses on the strategic location of the Market as part of the EnterpriseZone that entices businesses with 20 percent tax-credit savings and low-interest...
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/24/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 47, pP21
The article offers economic news briefs in Las Vegas, Nevada. The industrial market continued to report vacancies in the single digits while overall vacancy rates reached 8.7 percent in the third quarter of 2008. The latest market activity in the commercial retail sector resulted in an elevated...
- Chicago sells property for $1. Prall, Derek // American City & County Exclusive Insight;7/7/2014, p1
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois is selling its vacant lots for a dollar provided the buyer owns a home on the same block and does not owe back taxes or outstanding debts with the city. Topics discussed include the proposed benefits of the program such as giving residents control over...
- OTIS WHITE'S URBAN NOTEBOOK. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Nov2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p18
Presents an update on public administration in several urban areas in the U.S. as of November 2005. Sale of the final group of vacant lots seized by New York City from delinquent taxpayers; Problem associated with the empty football stadium of the Dallas Cowboys in Irving, Texas; Effort by the...