Brown-Hruska Named Acting CFTC Chairman
- Off the Floor. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2006, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p20
The article presents an interview with outgoing U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) chairperson Sharon Brown-Hruska. When asked about her views on the foreign boards of trade, she refers it as the groundwork for cooperation with foreign regulatory authorities. She believes that...
- Newsome: An ironic choice. Berger, Robin; Price, Margaret // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's appointment of James Newsome as commissioner in August 1998. Newsome's career history; Statements about his capability to do the job; Interest in championing risk management for agricultural concerns.
- Commodity clash. Hagstrom, Jerry // Government Executive;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p48
Reports on US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) opposition against the Senate Agricultural Committee's proposed deregulation policy for the commodity exchanges industry. Evolution of the industry; Claims of CFTC chairperson Brooksley Born on the need to regulate the industry; Laws...
- Notices: COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION. // Federal Register;
The article presents a notice issued by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) on the public availability of fiscal year 2013 service contract inventory.
- Bill to end CFTC pain? Szala, Ginger // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1997, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the submission of the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA) Amendments of 1997 in United States. Clarifications concerning the Treasury Amendment; Operational jurisdictions of Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Comments of treasury secretary Robert Rubin regarding CEA exemptions;...
- CFTC acting chairman named. Salcedo, Yesenia // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the appointment of Sharon Brown-Hruska as acting chairman of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Replacement of James Newsome who resigned; Appointments for John Moore at Bear Stearns International Ltd. and for Maria Fiorini Ramirez for COESfx.
- Traders' view of the world: Will DC rock the trading universe? Birkner, Christine // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2010, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p54
The article reports on the concerns over the proposal by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) that would limit leverage for over-the-counter (OTC) forex firms to 10-1 in the U.S. Former CFTC chairman Sharon Brown-Hruska states that the agency wants to ensure retail customers have to...
- Additional Developments on the Question of CFTC Exclusive Jurisdication Over Commodity Vehicles. Saitlin, Sheldon I. // Business Lawyer;Jul78, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p2195
Examines the Commodity Futures Trading Commission jurisdication over commodity vehicles. Issuance of separate security; Limitation on partnership interest in connection with capital structure; Definition of a commodity pool.
- Notices: COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION. // Federal Register;4/08/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 67, p20897
The article focuses on notices published by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). The Office of Consumer Outreach (OCO) is inviting public comment on its proposed Information Collection Request (ICR) in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The CFTC announces an...