Brown-Hruska Named Acting CFTC Chairman
- Off the Floor. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2006, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p20
The article presents an interview with outgoing U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) chairperson Sharon Brown-Hruska. When asked about her views on the foreign boards of trade, she refers it as the groundwork for cooperation with foreign regulatory authorities. She believes that...
- Newsome: An ironic choice. Berger, Robin; Price, Margaret // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's appointment of James Newsome as commissioner in August 1998. Newsome's career history; Statements about his capability to do the job; Interest in championing risk management for agricultural concerns.
- Commodity clash. Hagstrom, Jerry // Government Executive;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p48
Reports on US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) opposition against the Senate Agricultural Committee's proposed deregulation policy for the commodity exchanges industry. Evolution of the industry; Claims of CFTC chairperson Brooksley Born on the need to regulate the industry; Laws...
- Notices: COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION. // Federal Register;
The article presents a notice issued by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) on the public availability of fiscal year 2013 service contract inventory.
- Bill to end CFTC pain? Szala, Ginger // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1997, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the submission of the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA) Amendments of 1997 in United States. Clarifications concerning the Treasury Amendment; Operational jurisdictions of Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Comments of treasury secretary Robert Rubin regarding CEA exemptions;...
- CFTC acting chairman named. Salcedo, Yesenia // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the appointment of Sharon Brown-Hruska as acting chairman of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Replacement of James Newsome who resigned; Appointments for John Moore at Bear Stearns International Ltd. and for Maria Fiorini Ramirez for COESfx.
- Traders' view of the world: Will DC rock the trading universe? Birkner, Christine // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2010, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p54
The article reports on the concerns over the proposal by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) that would limit leverage for over-the-counter (OTC) forex firms to 10-1 in the U.S. Former CFTC chairman Sharon Brown-Hruska states that the agency wants to ensure retail customers have to...
- CFTC's Notion of a Future in Doubt. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;10/4/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p12
The article presents information on the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). The CFTC's wide-ranging interpretation of a futures contract--commonly referred to as its "multi-factor test"--was knocked down by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit in Chicago, which upheld a...
- Additional Developments on the Question of CFTC Exclusive Jurisdication Over Commodity Vehicles. Saitlin, Sheldon I. // Business Lawyer;Jul78, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p2195
Examines the Commodity Futures Trading Commission jurisdication over commodity vehicles. Issuance of separate security; Limitation on partnership interest in connection with capital structure; Definition of a commodity pool.