Long-Terms Shows Some Activity; Calif. Workers' Comp Deal Prices
- Munis Mixed While Treasuries Fall; N.Y. Agency Prices $350 Million Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal and treasury bonds in the U.S. bond market on February 10, 2003. Report by traders in the bond market regarding selective buying; Reasons for the lack of demand for municipal bonds; Bonds bought by retail investors.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis End 3/8 to 1/2 Higher; Deals Net Favorable Results. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p2
No abstract available.
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Unchanged to Weaker, Lagging Treasuries. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. bond market. As tax-exemption fall behind the Treasury market, the municipal market demonstrates some slight changes. Meanwhile, the Treasury market weakened modestly by two points after settling to an unchanged mark. With this uncertainty in...
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p36
Provides statistics related to the bond market in the United States as of March 30, 2004. Municipal market data general obligation yields; Securities prices; Municipal bond prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields.