GreenPoint entering new loan niche in $473m deal
- Headlands thrives in a specialized niche. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;5/6/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 85, Home loan leaders p12A
Focuses on Peter T. Paul, chief executive officer of Headlands Mortgage Corporation, based in Larkspur, California. Information on Headland's operations; Information on Paul's experience in the mortgage industry; Details on his contributions to the success of Headland; Comments from Paul; What...
- Lender to sell rights on jumbo loans. Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;8/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 159, p10
Announces plans by Headlands Mortgage Co. of Larkspur, California to auction a large package of servicing rights on jumbo mortgages with prepayment penalties. Basis on which the package will be sold; Estimated value of the portfolio depending upon how much Headlands originates; Who will handle...
- GreenPoint Claims Higher Market Share. // National Mortgage News;5/13/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p19
Reports on the increase of the mortgage origination for GreenPoint Financial Corp. in New York. Factors contributing to the rise of the company's net income; Stability of the company's specialty mortgage and consumer banking business; Decline in mortgage applications.
- GreenPoint Sees 23% Rise in 2002 Income. // National Mortgage News;1/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p22
Reports the increase in GreenPoint Financial Corp.'s income in New York, New York in 2002. Factors contributing to the rise of net income rate; Comparison of revenues between 2001 and 2002.
- GreenPoint to divide main office between Manhattan, Long... Kraus, James R. // American Banker;5/13/96, Vol. 161 Issue 91, p8
Reports on reorganization of GreenPoint Financial Corporation's administrative and management operations between Manhattan and Long Island. Statistics on GreenPoint's assets; Bank's application to issue a bond for capital investments; Earnings by GreenPoint for the first quarter of 1996;...
- A bank grows in Greenpoint. Radigan, Joseph // U.S. Banker;Jul95, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p8
Features Flushing, N.Y.-based GreenPoint Financial Corp. Bank's purchase of Home Savings branches from H.F. Ahmanson Inc.; Bank Chairman Thomas Johnson's strategy for the company; Deal's impact on the bank's business operations.
- Greenpoint to consider sale proposal. // American Banker;3/8/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 46, p20
Reports on Greenpoint Financial Corp.'s consideration of a sale proposal due to increasing pressure from shareholders. Rise in the company's share price.
- Greenpoint shares advance as analysts predict a big jump. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;8/16/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 157, p20
Reports on an advance in the shares of Greenpoint Financial Corp. as of the second week of August 1996. Increase in share prices; Operational strategies; Investors' recognition of the growth potential of Greenpoint.
- GreenPoint execs shuffled as 2 divisions merge. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;1/15/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p12
Gives information on the management changes to be made at GreenPoint Financial Corporation, following the merging of its New York and national mortgage divisions. Who will head the merged division; Responsibilities of Chuck Richardson, who will fill the position of executive vice president for...