Credit Agencies Give A-Plus to First-Time Issuer King Geome Counts, Va
- S&P lowers Yonkers hospital's bond rating. Rosycki, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;8/14/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p3
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has lowered Saint John's Riverside Hospital's bond rating in New York. The hospital's bond rating has been lowered from BB to B+. According to a report, the lowered rating reflects the Yonkers hospital's deteriorating operating performance and growing...
- Hospital, Mandates Cost Westchester County, N.Y., Its Fitch AAA. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31821, p3
Reports on the loss of a coveted triple-A credit ratings by Westchester County, New York. Reason for the depreciation of the bonds of the county; Liability for the rapidly deteriorating finances of Westchester Medical Center; Concerns from Fitch Ratings on the county's hospital's cash crisis.
- Trenton Eyes Thursday for $51M Refunding of Six Issues. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p33
Reports that Trenton, New Jersey is set to sell about a multi-million dollar of refunding debt involving six different issues. Primary reason of the city's refinancing and restructuring; Factors contributing to the enhanced rating of the bonds; Percentage of the buildings that are exempt from taxes.
- Fitch Wraps Up Rating Recalibrations. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/3/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33309, p1
The article reports on the completion of the recalibration of municipal bond ratings made by Fitch Ratings Ltd. that raises about 2,200 credits in the U.S. It states that the changes of the rating affect about 1,828 local tax-supported credits, 338 water and sewer credits and 50 higher education...
- Fitch Drops Florida City Debt Before $40M Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p4
Announces the decision of Fitch Ratings to downgrade Winter Park, Florida's water and sewer revenue bonds to AA-minus from AA in advance of a revenue bond sale. Effect of the downgrade on Series 2002 parity bonds; Stability of the rating outlook.
- Baptist Homes Raised Up. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p35
Reports that Fitch Ratings has upgraded the rating for the outstanding bonds issued for the Baptist Homes of Indiana project through the Indiana Health Facilities Financing Authority. Rating assigned by the agency.
- Grapevine- Colleyville Raised to AA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31954, p2
Reports on the increase in the rating on Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District, Texas, general obligation bonds outstanding one notch to AA from AA-minus by Standard &Poor's Corp. Financial management of the district; Ability of the district to address future capital needs without...
- Agency versus Market Ratings in The Corporate Bond Market. Leonard, Paul A. // American Business Review;Jun83, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p22
Discusses bond ratings. Rating that is a shorthand description of the credit quality of a debt security; Use of bond ratings in the regulation of financial institutions and by investors to discriminate between bonds with different levels of risk; Studies that support the notion of ratings as...
- Balancing Fiscal Health With Big Projects. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p11
Focuses on the state of public finance in the District of Columbia at the start of 2005. Probability that the district will keep a tight rein on spending and maintain its investment-grade bond rating due to robust local economy and a red-hot real estate market; Increase in economic development...