Nebraska's Loup Power District Comes to Market
- LADWP Readies $190 Million Power Revenue Bond Offering. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33111, p7
The article reports on the plan of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) to sell revenue bonds worth $190 million in California in May 2009. These bonds have already been rated Aa3 by Moody's Investors Service and AA-minus by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings. They will...
- Punjab to exploit irrigation canals. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the Punjab Energy Development Agency's intentions to exploit irrigation canals in India to generate up to 130 megawatts of power. Installation of hydroplants along the Bhatinda and Abohar canals; Use of siphon intake technology.
- Bujagali dam project develops financial cracks. // Modern Power Systems;Jul2002, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the financial problems of the proposed hydropower project in Uganda which is backed by the World Bank (WB). WB inspectors' criticism on the project; Inadequacy of environmental impact assessment; Argument that economic factors could make the electricity cost from the scheme too costly.
- Awaiting the Last Few Large Deals of the Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;3/6/2015, p15
The article discusses the status of the primary market and secondary market in the U.S. as of March 6, 2015. Topics covered include the Bank of America Merril Lynch's pricing on a deal involving the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in California, the pricing of California's general...
- OHIO: Clean Energy Debt OK'd. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/7/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33675, p9
The article reports on the approval of the state attorney general on a measure called "Yes for Ohio's Enegy Future," which alllows the state to issue 1.3 billion dollars of bonds to finance clean-energy projects, such as wind, biomass, and solar.
- Market To Focus On More Distant Data. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Forecasts the focus of the bond market in the United States.
- Munis Drop But Still Beat Treasuries Amid Light Supply, Secondary Activity. Kralev, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on June 21, 1999. Prices of municipal bonds; Enthusiasm among investors; Trading of tax-exempt bonds.
- Market Snapshot. // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Presents a chart related to the bond market in the United States on June 21, 1999.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Piazza, Johanna; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p2
Presents news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 2003. Ratings of Massachusetts based Port Authority's Boseful special facilities revenue bonds; Decline in the inventories of merchant wholesalers during May 2003 in Washington State; Resignation of undersecretary of Treasury...