Illinois Lawmakers Finally Move to Wrap up 2005 Budget
- Chappals vs Sneakers. // India Today;9/12/2011, p14
The article reports that Members of Legislative Assembly (MLA) in Vidhan Sabha in India have allegedly thrown footwear at opposing parties during a legislative session. According to the author, a sandal was thrown at the Treasury benches following MLA Raghu Sharma's criticism of opposition party...
- New rules, players mean different conference session. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p14
Analyzes the dynamics of the conference committee process of the Indiana Legislature. Results of conference committee deliberations; Changes in the voting process; Elements of the conference process, such as leadership, partisan mischief, interconnections between issues and bills; Focus on the...
- WISCONSIN. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Nov2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p25
The article reports on politics in Wisconsin. A protracted and messy budget battle is what many will remember first when they think of Wisconsin politics in 2007. Jim Doyle (D) and both houses of the state legislature have been far apart, and final resolution and compromises on both taxes and...
- Voter Participation and Party-Group Fortunes in European Parliament Elections, 1979-1999: A Cross-National Analysis. Pacek, Alexander C.; Radcliff, Benjamin // Political Research Quarterly;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p91
Scholars have addressed the relationship between voter participation and party electoral fortunes for some time. Specifically, a number of studies postulate that left-of-center parties are the primary beneficiaries of higher rates of voter turnout. This research note extends this argument to a...
- Causal Attribution and Economic Voting in American Congressional Elections. Gomez, Brad T.; Wilson, J. Matthew // Political Research Quarterly;Sep2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p271
This article examines the ways in which political sophistication conditions economic voting in U.S. congressional elections. At the congressional level, evidence of economic voting has been generally mixed and sometimes contradictory. In our view, much of the inconsistency in existing studies...
- Grain farmers to vote on protection program. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/28/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p7
The article informs that the farmers in Texas has been granted the opportunity to vote for the Grain Indemnity Fund referendum during the legislative assembly sessions in Texas.
- What Happened to the 'Citizen' in the 'Citizen Legislature?'. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p7
Reports on a survey which determined the time spent in fulfilling the duties and obligations of a legislator. Time spent on true citizen legislatures; Implications for getting elected to public office.
- HIERARCHY OF ACTS. // Europe: A Concise Encyclopedia;2004, p129
The article presents information related to the term Hierarchy of Acts. Hierarchy of Acts involved the classification of European Commission (EC) legal acts according to their importance, with the object of establishing which lawmaking body or process should deal with which category of legislation.
- "And if Elected -- Good-by.". Stinnett, Caskie // Saturday Evening Post;10/26/1957, Vol. 230 Issue 17, p40
The article presents a drama featuring two legislators talking about another senator and other issues.