Miami-Dade Wants Voters To OK$2.75B
- RÄƒspundere ÅŸI responsabilitate Ã®n cazul referendumului. Sperilă, Mariana Daniela // Review of Juridical Sciences / Revista de Stiinte Juridice;2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p104
The people and the Head of State play an overwhelming role on the ground of constitutional law, the former by electing the President, the latter by assuming the obligation to respect the rights and freedoms of citizens. In a democratic society, the people rules by its representatives, but it...
- Lowering Threshold for School Bonds Qualifies Again for California Ballot. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p36
Reports on the inclusion in the California ballot in November 2000 of an initiative that would reduce the approval level required for passing bond referendums. Required approval of bond plans by school boards; Caps and citizen oversight requirements.
- BRUSSELS DIARY: Dutch defeatism. Pis, Manneken // Prospect;Jul2005, Issue 112, p53
Looks into the Dutch referendum campaign in Europe.
- Voters Nationwide Approve 90.5% of Bond Issues. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the results of local and statewide bond elections in the U.S. in November 2004. Overall approval rate of bond elections; Number of bond questions on ballots across the country.
- The Pin Prick Method of Secret Balloting. Corsini, Raymond J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec48, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p641
The article presents a study on the efficiency of Pin Prick method used in secret balloting. It has been defined that a secret ballot is where the anonymity of the individual subjects is preserved. In this context, the author has found the use of the simple method with some advantages over the...
- The People's Choice. BOWSER, JENNIE DRAGE // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the issues that appear on ballots. For the 2012 election, 174 measures have qualified for inclusion in statewide ballots, 42 of which are citizen initiatives. The author notes the increase in the use of the popular referendum which allows citizens to stop a new law, with 12...
- Ten Things to Think Through Before Sponsoring a Ballot Initiative. Wilfore, Kristina // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p26
Gives advice on sponsoring a ballot initiative and referendum in the U.S. Attitude of voters to the initiative; Structure of the ballot initiative; Strategic and tactical value of the initiative. INSET: Writing Ballot Issue Titles: What Is the Process in Your State?.
- Election closeness and voter turnout: Evidence from California ballot propositions. Matsusaka, John G. // Public Choice;Aug93, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p313
This paper uses a new data set of 885 California ballot propositions from 1912 through 1990 to test the hypothesis that voter turnout increases as an election becomes closer. Various measures of voter participation are regressed on various measures of election closeness. The main finding is that...
- Midwest Voters Face Many Questions. DEVITT, CAITLIN; SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;10/31/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33806, p1
The article informs that the voters of Michigan had to face state's most crowded ballot in October 2012. It mentions that they had come across with several ballots including slew of tax, spending and bond referendums. It also informs that they will focus on the high-profile proposals which are...