'A La Carte Show' Worth Watching
- A la Carte or Prix Fixe? Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;5/10/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the effort of U.S. Senators Nathan Deal and John McCain to modify the pricing scheme of cable TV subscription in the U.S. Remarks from Time Warner CEO Richard Parsons on the option; Disagreement showed by the American Television Association on the proposal; Advantage of the scheme...
- McCain Protests Effort To Change Cable Rules. // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p30
Reports that Senate Commerce Committee chairman John McCain has raised concerns about legislative attempts to change cable television-ownership rules in the United States.
- GAO: CABLERS GOOD TO GO. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;10/27/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the U.S. General Accounting Office's release of a study on rising cable television rates. Concerns raised by U.S. Senator John McCain and consumer groups which triggered the study; Factors found to contribute to rising cable rates.
- McCAIN SENDS CABLERS A DARE. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;3/17/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the call made by U.S. Senator John McCain to cablers to let customers say what channels they want and do not want. Reason cited by McCain; McCain's call on cablers to stop blaming the rates for offering customers only set packages.
- And They Both Have Famous Buses! Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p6
Reports on developments related to the cable television industry in United States as of July 31, 2000. U.S. Senator John McCain's appearance on the television program `Washington Journal' of cable network C-SPAN; Cable network NUE-TV's plan to cover the U.S. presidential elections.
- McCain Wants Cable Rates Probed. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the request of U.S. Senator John McCain for the General Accounting Office to investigate the cable-rate increases. Assessment of the reliability of industry-supplied financial data reported by the Federal Communications Commission; Growth in the per-channel basis; Effects of the cost...
- Cable mergers draw fire from Washington. Alibiniak, Piage; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/16/97, Vol. 127 Issue 25, p54
Reports on the reaction of Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John McCain over the consolidation of the cable television industry in the United States. Structuring of deals to avoid as much regulatory hassle as possible; Hiring of Powell Tate private relations firm by Tele-Communications Inc.
- McCain plans hearing to probe cable rates. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;04/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Republican Senator John McCain's plans to hold a hearing in April 1997 to investigate why cable television rates are increasing and where competition to the industry might come from. Evaluation of marketplace or regulatory conditions necessary to help reduce cable rates; McCain's...
- McCain eyes cable. // Electronic Media;03/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Reports that US Senator John McCain has tentatively scheduled a hearing to explore the state of competition in the cable television industry.