Coming Soon: The $50 Digital Set-Top
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- Comcast taking stake in MTN regional net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p21
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Corp. has added another service to its sports operations, purchasing a 50% stake in the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN) in the United States. The Salt Lake City, Utah, cable system owned by Comcast will carry the MTN on its expanded-basic service...
- CN8: Yes to Political Depth. // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p52
Reports on the outcome of the efforts of CN8 to provide an in-depth and exclusive coverage of the 2004 political event in the U.S. as of July 2005. Strategy used by CN8 and Comcast Corp. to to provide subscribers of comprehensive news coverage throughout the political event; Significance of the...
- Roberts: Cable's Winning the Fight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article reports on the advantages gained by U.S. cable industry despite the entry of telephone companies in the video market. According to Comcast Corp. chief executive officer Brian Roberts, more than half of its new high-speed Internet customers deserted from less-expensive,...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.