Building Demand for On-Demand
- Mediacom Reaches for Rainbow's Mag Rack. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p12
Reports on an agreement signed by cable television company Mag Rack with Rainbow Media Holdings to expand its video-on-demand (VOD) distribution owned by Mediacom Communications Corp. Areas in which Mag plans to deploy VOD-enables systems; Decision of regarding payments from customers for the...
- Mag Rack Cuts Staff. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/11/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p54
Reports that after a deal between Mediacom Communications Corp. and Rainbow Media Holdings Inc.'s Mag Rack video-on-demand service employees of Mag Rack were dismissed. Uncertainty over the number of employees dismissed; Reasons for dismissal of employees; Details of the deal between Mediacom...
- Mag Rack Cuts Staff, Shifts Content Strategy. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);8/11/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p8
Focuses on the decision of Rainbow Media to use outside producers and production partners for its Mag Rack video-on-demand (VOD) channels in the U.S. as of August 11, 2003. Mag Rack staff who were laid off as a result of the shift in content strategy; Distribution deal signed by the firm with...
- Rainbow Expands VOD Vision. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p81
Focuses on the video-on-demand plans of Rainbow Programming for three programming brands. Way in which the company made a name for itself; Plan of the company to rollout Independent Film Channel On Demand; Factor responsible for the expansion of Rainbow's on-demand vision.
- Mag Rack Says It's Learning. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the video-on-demand (VOD) service of Mag Rack in the U.S. Details on the programming of the Mag Rack; Comments of Mag Strauss, executive vice president at Mag Rack on the VOD platform; Reaction of consumers to the digital subscription of the company.
- Mag Rack Goes to School for Rainbow. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p19
Deals with the move of Rainbow Media Services to offer instructional sports services while bolstering content offerings for Mag Rack. Description of the instruction-based Sportskool on-demand service; Information on the partnership of Mag Rack with Warner Bros. Publications on a...
- Mag Rack Eyes More Original Programming. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the growing number of original television programming provided by Mag Rack as of May 2005. Slogan used by Mag Rack for its video-on-demand service; Television companies that added the Mag Rack service in their market; Percentage of television programs created by or for Mag Rack.
- For the Birders. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p46
Presents information on Mag Rack, a programming unique to video-on-demand (VOD) that helps give cable operators a competitive edge over direct-broadcast-satellite providers. Services offered by Mag Rack; Significance of how cable uses VOD.
- 'UNCENSORED' OVER THE RAINBOW. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the launch of Rainbow Media's Uncensored on Demand video-on-demand (VOD) technology by Cablevision. Categories of content of the VOD; Media used by Cablevision in its marketing campaign for Uncensored on Demand; Features of the service.