Liberty Spinoff LMI Gets Big Thumbs Up
- Malone spins UGC to Liberty Global. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/19/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 16, p8
Announces the plan of Liberty Media International Inc. to acquire a considerable stake in UnitedGlobalCom (UGC) Inc., creating a company called Liberty Global. Controversy surrounding the deal price that offers no premium to UGC shareholders; Number of countries where UGC operates; Views of...
- Liberty/UGC Deal Could Change Chilean Landscape. Dallas, Jo // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p32
Reports on Liberty Media International Inc.'s plan to invest in UnitedGlobalCom Inc. as of July 31, 2000. Details of the investment deal; Deal's implications for the cable television industry in Chile.
- UGC boosts European broadband. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/21/2004, Vol. 386 Issue 50, p12
This article reports that Liberty Media International Inc. (LMI) and its European cable affiliate UnitedGlobalCom Inc. (UGC) on Monday transferred some cable assets to further clarify their ownership portfolios. Some Wall Street observers suggested that the move makes an often-proposed merger of...
- Liberty's int'l arm pumps revs in Q1. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;5/16/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 32, p8
The article informs that John Malone's Liberty Media International (LMI) Inc. had more than doubled its revenues in the last quarter as operations hummed along across the various businesses of the giant overseas cable and programming company. LMI reported earnings of $26.3 million on revenues of...
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/31/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Presents information on merger and acquisitions of several companies as of January 31, 2005. Acquisition of August Technology Corp. by Nanometrics Inc.; Acquisition of UnitedGlobalCom Inc. by Liberty Media International; Acquisition of Selectica Inc. by Trilogy Inc.
- Malone Locks In Bid for UnitedGlobalCom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the agreement of John Malone, chairman and CEO of Liberty Media International Inc., to acquire the remaining interest in UnitedGlobalCom Inc. on January 18, 2005. Remarks from Malone on the deal with the shareholders; Terms and conditions of the deal; Class-action suit filed by...
- U.S. Firm Aims to Assemble Network. // Export Today's Global Business;Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
Reveals the amount raised by the Denver, Colorado-based telecommunication company, UnitedGlobalCom Inc. to fund expansion plan in the cable, Internet and telephone markets in Latin America.
- LIBERTY'S INT'L TRIP. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/17/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the net loss posted by Liberty Media International Inc. as an independent company as it dips at it European operation offset higher revenue from its cable business in Japan. Increase in capital expenses due to equipment purchased for increasing numbers of new subscribers; Percentage...
- United artists struggles with cash flow. Brunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;10/18/99, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the cash flow problems facing United Artists Theatre Circuits Inc. despite an overall recovery trend in the movie theater industry in the United States.