SupportSoft Buys Core Networks Inc
- SupportSoft buys Core Networks. // CED;Sep2004, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p16
Reports that SupportSoft Inc. has signed a deal to acquire the assets of Core Networks Inc., a firm that makes a line of network monitoring, policy management, firmware upgrade management and remote management products for digital subscriber line and cable service providers. Plan of SupportSoft...
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Marlor, Bradley G. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/10/2006, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p18
This article suggests several questions that may be asked before purchasing a business. The first question to ask should focus on the reason for selling. Retirement used to be the common reason why businesses were sold. In present situations, burnout is the prevailing reason. Second, determine...
- JDA Software Bumping for QRS: Unlikely. Grocer, Stephen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/2/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p1
Reports on speculations over the decision of QRS Corp. on the possible sale of JDA Software Group Inc., as of August 2004. Background on several unsolicited bids received by QRS for JDA; Value of the termination fee for QRS; Significance of a decline in the revenue posted by JDA to the decision...
- Payless Wants To Stop The Rain On Its Parade Unit. Cohen, Judith Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the plan Payless ShoeSource Inc. to sell its Parade Unit in 2004. Factors which influenced the company to sell the unit; Role of the Parade stores on the company's overall revenue; Details of the acquisition of Parade in March 1997.
- CBIZ Returns. // Practical Accountant;Mar2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the Cleveland-based headline consolidator Century Business Services Inc.'s (CBIZ) decision to get back into acquiring accounting firms. Leonard Miller, senior vice president of CBIZ's accounting, tax, and advisory services division, says the consolidator hopes to double...
- Maritz acquires English firm. Schlossberg, Howard // Marketing News;7/19/93, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p2
The article reports on Maritz Inc.'s acquisition of The Research Business Group (TRBG) in Great Britain. The executives of both companies talked about the significance of the business deal. The author has compared the economic indicators particularly on the revenues of both companies. TRBG has...
- Brown-Forman Puts Lenox on The Block. J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p4
Announces the sale of Lenox Inc. china and crystal division by Brown-Forman Corp. Reason behind Brown-Forman's decision to retain an advisor in the U.S. and in Great Britain; Percentage of Brown-Forman's annual revenue accounted to Lenox; Amount of the acquisition of Lenox by Brown-Forman in 1983.
- The Future of Jones: Board Is Said Mulling Sale of Whole Group. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/21/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 60, p1
The article reports on the possible sale of Jones Apparel Group Inc. The speculated reasons behind the sale of the apparel retailer are mentioned. The estimated sales price of the company is cited. The acquisitions made by the company are enumerated. The revenue growth and share price of the...
- Island Pacific Hopes To Feel M&A Breezes. S. G. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the sale of the retail software maker Island Pacific Inc. Percentage of decline in the shares of stock of the company; Revenue loss of the company for the third quarter ended December 31, 2004; Acquisition deals made by the company in 2003.