Networks Say They'll Play Pat Hands
- Big Six ready for photo finish. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;8/30/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 2, p15
Discusses issues concerning the competition among television networks in the U.S. Difference in the ratings that separated television networks NBC and Fox in 2004; Strategies being undertaken by the networks concerning their television programming; Television viewers being targeted by CBS...
- Revamped program lineup aims for hip, younger viewers. Williams, Michael, // Variety;04/07/97 Supplement, Vol. 366 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the revamped program lineup of French television station, TF1. Two difficulties with variety shows; Game shows; Popularity of French programs.
- A week in the life of TF1. Crawley, Tony, // Variety;04/07/97 Supplement, Vol. 366 Issue 10, p18
Discusses how a week's viewing on France's TF1 television station shaped up against its main rivals. Television programs shown from March 8 through 14, 1997.
- Stay Tuned. // BusinessWest;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the local programming of the WGBY television station in Springfield, Massachusetts. Comments of Jim Lash, director of programming at WGBY on the commitment of the station to the community; Details on the innovative television shows of the network; Goal of the programming.
- REPURPOSING PERMUTATIONS YIELD VARIED RETURNS. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/14/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p12A
Discusses the shift of strategy in television programming in the U.S. Mode of repeating television programs; Style of ABC and NBC in re-airing original programs; View of cable network officials on repurposing television programs.
- A SECOND CHANCE. Roberts, Jerry // Daily Variety;09/01/2000 Emmy Special, Vol. 268 Issue 64, p24
Features the Emmy-winning and -nominated television programs in the United States, restored and released by Broadway Theatre Archive. 'Iceman Cometh'; 'The Moon and Sixpence'; 'Secret Service; 'Journey of the Fifth Horse.'
- Sites to see. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Nov96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the Cable Channel NBC Super Channel's daily television program about technology and the Internet.
- Channel 5 tries to change its spots. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;5/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p14
Focuses on the television programming of Channel 5 in Great Britain. Anniversary celebration of the station; Selection of consulting agency WalkerBannisterBuss to advise on future strategy and positioning of the station; Increase of the television ratings of the station.
- TV war looms as TOTP eyes top Saturday slot. Williams, Paul // Music Week;8/10/2002, Issue 31, p3
Presents information on the music television program to be launched by the BBC television station in Great Britain in September 2002. Reason for the move.