OLN Pedals to Record Ratings
- OLN Facing Up to the Post-Lance Cycle. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p62
Discusses the preparation of OLN cable television network for the 2006 Tour de France which will not feature cycling superstar Lance Armstrong. Household rating gained by the television broadcast of the tournament at OLN; Change in the 2006 tour route; Other sports events to be aired by OLN. ...
- OLN Beefs Up Its Upfront. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the deals signed by Outdoor Life Network with several advertisers for the upfront advertising season in 2005. Advertisers that signed a deal with the network; Estimated rating that will be received by the network for its coverage of the Tour de France.
- Cabler gets its ratings mileage. Levine, Stuart // Variety;7/27/2009, Vol. 415 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on television ratings for the 2009 Tour de France bicycle race broadcast in the United States by the Versus cable television network. It is noted that the programming achieved significant results among viewers aged 19-49 years. Contained in the article is a quote from Jamie...
- After Lance, Tour Ratings Lag. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the erosion of the rating of the television coverage of Outdoor Life Network (OLN) on the 2006 Tour de France. Reasons for the rating decline; Strategy of OLN to attract cycling fans to watch the coverage; Grand prize of the sweepstakes launched by OLN.
- Tour de Bore? // CableFAX Daily;7/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 130, p2
Reports on the decline of the Tour de France coverage of OLN in 2006. Possible reasons behind the decline of television ratings of the tour; Gross average rating received by the OLN.
- What's In a Name? // CableFAX Daily;10/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 195, p1
Reports on the television programs to be launched by OLN for the summer season. Introduction of a Tour de France strategy; Preference of the network for exclusivity than ratings; Information on the audience share of the network.
- WCVB Offers Guarantees. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p31
Highlights the potential proliferation of ratings guarantees in Boston, Massachusetts as of November 2003, one year after the inauguration of Nielsen's local people meter in the city. Issues on the decision of WCVB-TV to release ratings guarantees for its entire schedule; Criticism on the diary...
- OLN Live Tour Coverage Scores Best Ratings Ever. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;7/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the rating garnered by the live coverage of the 2005 Tour de France by OLN in the U.S. in the first week of July.
- BBC makes a pig of Easter ratings while C4 shines. // Televisual;May2004, p78
Reports on the ratings of a number of television programs in Great Britain as of Easter 2004. Estimated number of viewers garnered by the program "The Truth About Take That" on Shine; Rating of "Battle of the Boy Bands"; Popularity of the program "The Legend of the Tamworth Two."