Comcast Adds Disney
- Comcast-Disney Deal a Model for Future. // Multichannel News;1/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the 10-year carriage deal of Comcast Corp. and Walt Disney Co. in 2011. It notes that the deal was aimed at accelerating Comcast's TV Everywhere initiative for the cable business, providing subscribers access to programming via computers, tablets, and smart phones....
- Comcast Stays on the Line In Dropping Its Bid for Disney. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the decision of cable television company Comcast Corp. to drop its acquisition bid for Walt Disney Co. as of June 2004. Reason for dropping the deal; Factors that affect the deal; Opportunities for Comcast and other cable businesses; Reason for the high percentage margin produced by...
- Peace on Earth? // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Analyzes the possible agreement between Comcast and MASN which would combine the DC RSN with Comcast sports channel. Views of Representative Thomas Davis (R-Va.) on the possible combination of the networks.
- Disney in Cable VOD Deal. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;11/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on a content-distribution deal announced by the Walt Disney Co. and Comcast Corp. that will make ABC TV prime-time programming and movies available for video-on-demand viewing on cable. The deal will include movies from Disney, Touchstone and Miramax. Initial movie titles...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.