- NEW: Brenda Starr Reporter: 'The Mystery of Cleopatra's Cat'. // Doll Reader;Aug2006, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p32
The article reports on the launch of a new line of Brenda Starr dolls.
- DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH? // U.S. Catholic;Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p5
Provides information on comic characters who are portrayed as Catholics. Speculation on the views of comic character Daredevil; Member of the X-Men comic characters who is a Catholic.
- Game Over! // Scholastic Math;02/14/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p14
Presents several mathematical problems concerning fraction equivalent of percents using comic strip characters.
- Not-so-SUPER HEROES. Gahr, Evan // American Enterprise;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p31
Examines the changes in the characteristics of superheroes in comics. Example of popular comic book superheroes; Overview of the changes in superheroes' lives; Decline in sales of comic books.
- Goofus and Gallant. // Highlights for Children;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p18
Compares the attitude and behavior of comic strip characters Goofus and Gallant.
- Archie Meets His Maker. Cohn, Steven; Smith, Steve; Patel, Arti; Welton, Caysey // Media Industry Newsletter;7/28/2014, Vol. 67 Issue 29, p12
The article reports that the print version of the comic series "Life With Archie" will be upgraded to the digital version that would be titled "Afterlife With Archie."
- Greeks Go Ape Over Sea Monkeys. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the action taken by a member of the Greek parliament in banning comic books bearing pictures and caricatures of the endangered sea monkeys, a type of shrimp, for ethical reasons. Web sites dedicated to sea monkeys; Stance taken by the Greek chapter of Greenpeace in supporting...
- A PARADE OF HEROES AND VILLAINS. German, Amy // Nation (1206-2642);10/3/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p20
The article reviews an exhibition held in Montreal, Quebec from September 12-14, featuring goods related to comic book characters.
- SUPERHEROES OF THE SCREEN. Pellowski, Michael Morgan // Boys' Life;Aug2003, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p36
Profiles several comic-book heroes who were featured in motion pictures.