- NEW: Brenda Starr Reporter: 'The Mystery of Cleopatra's Cat'. // Doll Reader;Aug2006, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p32
The article reports on the launch of a new line of Brenda Starr dolls.
- DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH? // U.S. Catholic;Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p5
Provides information on comic characters who are portrayed as Catholics. Speculation on the views of comic character Daredevil; Member of the X-Men comic characters who is a Catholic.
- Game Over! // Scholastic Math;02/14/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p14
Presents several mathematical problems concerning fraction equivalent of percents using comic strip characters.
- Not-so-SUPER HEROES. Gahr, Evan // American Enterprise;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p31
Examines the changes in the characteristics of superheroes in comics. Example of popular comic book superheroes; Overview of the changes in superheroes' lives; Decline in sales of comic books.
- Goofus and Gallant. // Highlights for Children;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p18
Compares the attitude and behavior of comic strip characters Goofus and Gallant.
- Greeks Go Ape Over Sea Monkeys. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the action taken by a member of the Greek parliament in banning comic books bearing pictures and caricatures of the endangered sea monkeys, a type of shrimp, for ethical reasons. Web sites dedicated to sea monkeys; Stance taken by the Greek chapter of Greenpeace in supporting...
- SUPERHEROES OF THE SCREEN. Pellowski, Michael Morgan // Boys' Life;Aug2003, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p36
Profiles several comic-book heroes who were featured in motion pictures.
- Comic Apeal. Andreoli, Teresa // License!;Sep2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, pS14
Features several classic cartoon strip characters that are retro favorites in the licensing sector in the U.S. in 2003. Peanuts; Ziggy; Little Orphan Annie, Dick Tracy and Brenda Starr. INSET: Characters Do Matter.
- Goofus and Gallant. // Highlights for Children;Feb2003, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p10
Compares the attitude of comic strip characters Goofus and Gallant.