Adult cryptorchidism: Unrevealing the cryptic facts
- Effects of Surgery vs. Untreated Cryptorchidism on Fertility. // Fertility Weekly;4/12/2004, p14
Determines the effects of orchiopexy on patients with cryptorchidism in Venezuela. Causes of infertility; Description on the physical condition of the patients; Factors affecting the concentration level of the serum.
- Is mobile testis a true pathological condition due to a gubernaculum abnormality? Kubota, Masayuki; Okuyama, Naoki; Yamazaki, Satoru; Hirayama, Yutaka; Kobayashi, Kumiko; Satoh, Kanako // Pediatric Surgery International;Jul2007, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p633
The present study was conducted to clarify whether a gubernaculum abnormality exists in mobile testis or not. Testicular fixation was performed in 57 patients with mobile testis with a mean age of 3.6 years (range; 7 monthsâ€“12 years). Twenty-six patients were bilateral and 31 patients...
- Prevalence of cryptorchidism, retractile testis and orchiopexy in school children. // Current Medical Literature: Urology;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p78
The article discusses research on the incidence of undescended testes, retractile testes, orchidopexy, and testicular volume in school-aged children in Edirne, Turkey. It references a study by M. Inan et al, published in the volume 80 issue of "Urology International." The researchers found a...
- Infertility Despite Orchidopexy. // Fertility Weekly;8/11/2003, p8
Analyzes infertility despite orchidopexy in childhood. Identification of patients to be bilaterally cryptorchid with few germ cells; Assessment of infertility; Measurement of the mean number of spermatozoa per tubule.
- Orquidopexia paraescrotal en pacientes con criptorquidia inguinal. Herrera-García, Wilver Ernesto; Cuevas-Alpuche, Juan O.; Olivera-Vázquez, José Luis; Aguilar-Anzures, Roberto; Granados-Navas, Francisco // Acta Pediatrica de Mexico;mar/abr2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p89
No abstract available.
- Undescended testis and torsion: is the risk understated? Singal, Arbinder Kumar; Jain, Viral; Dubey, Manish; Deshpande, Pankaj // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jan2013, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p77
Undescended testis (UDT) is seen in 3% to 5% of all newborn boys. Complications such as infertility and malignant transformation have been well documented in UDT. However, torsion of a UDT can also occur and the diagnosis is often missed or delayed, leading to loss of testis. This event may...
- Single stage Fowlerï¿½Stephens orchidopexy: a preferred alternative in the treatment of nonpalpable testes. Horasanli, Kaya; Miroglu, Cengiz; Tanriverdi, Orhan; Kendirci, Muammer; Boylu, Ugur; Gumus, Eyup // Pediatric Surgery International;Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p759
In this present study we aimed to discuss the surgical efficacy of single stage Fowlerï¿½Stephens orchidopexy (FSO) technique, with an emphasis on its practical and logical application that may be kept in mind during a standard orchidopexy procedure. Twenty-two children have undergone a...
- Practice variation and clinical confusion regarding undescended testes and retractile testes among primary care respondents: a multi-regional survey study in the United States. Shnorhavorian, Margarett; Jacobs, Micah; Stearns, Gillian; Mingin, Gerald; Koyle, Martin // Pediatric Surgery International;Jun2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p635
Purpose: Although previous studies have looked at referral patterns and indications for orchiopexy, this is the first attempt at quantifying the primary care provider knowledge base of cryptorchidism and its implications in a large multi-state setting in the United States. Methods: Primary care...
- The unidirectional testicular tunneller: a simple, safe and novel device for orchidopexy in patients with palpable undescended testes. Evans, Jonathan; Cosgrove, Chryz; Huddart, Simon; Lambert, Anthony // Pediatric Surgery International;Jul2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p693
Purpose: Inguinal orchidopexy is already considered a safe procedure, this paper describes a simple new surgical instrument designed to make the operation easier, simpler and quicker, whilst reducing tissue trauma, in particular to the deep ring. The result of its use in two centres is...