- Conservation Thresholds: Conference, report bring together planners and scientists to work through "an implementation crisis" in laws, policies. // Environmental Forum;May/Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p48
Information was presented about a meeting concerning effective land use to conserve biodiversity at the Wingspread Conference Center in Racine, Wisconsin. The study had a consensus emerge as to how to encourage using conservation science in guiding patterns of growth and locations in a...
- It's PGMS award time. // Landscape Management;Jun2005, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p16
This article presents information on the 33rd annual Grounds Management Awards sponsored by the Professional Grounds Management Society and Landscape Management. It is reported that the program salutes grounds superintendents responsible for maintaining a well-manicured landscape year round.
- PROTECTING LANDSCAPES. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;2/13/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the call of English Nature for England's lowlands to be managed as whole landscapes to reverse the decline of wildlife and habitats.
- Society to conserve one million new acres of land. // Business NH Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p39
Focuses on the 100th anniversary of the Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests land conservation organization. Number of acres of land protected by the organization; Overview of its initiative New Hampshire Everlasting; Outlook on the use of open space in the state.
- Meeting Focuses On NWF Strategies To Conserve Critical Resources. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul90, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p26
Highlights the emphasis given to the conservation of critical resources during the 54th annual meeting in March 1990 of the National Wildlife Federation. Inauguration of the 'Decade of the Environment' program; Strategies for the Federation's ongoing campaign to preserve the Earth's critical...
- NWF And Windstar Foundation Announce Conservation Partnership. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul90, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p26
Reports that the National Wildlife Federation and the Windstar Foundation have joined forces in 1990 to push for wiser use of the Earth's natural resources. Background on the partnership; Background on the conservation education organizations; Environmental protection and quality of life issues...
- D&R Tries to Beat the Developers. Nelson, Jennifer // njbiz;4/18/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p19
Cites the efforts of D&R Greenway Land Trust to preserve lands across New Jersey from industrial developments. Call for monetary donations for the purchase of a farmland owned by the Roman Catholic Church in Hopewell; Details of properties that D&R managed to preserve across the state; Amount...
- WERYFIKACJA NOWEJ METODY OCENY WALORYZACJI KRAJOBRAZU NA PRZYKÅADZIE WYBRANEGO FRAGMENTU DRAWSKIEGO PARKU KRAJOBRAZOWEGO. DUDZIŃSKA, ANNA; SZPAKOWSKA, BARBARA // Science, Nature, Technologies / Nauka, Przyroda, Technologie;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
The aim of the study was to verify the new method of landscape valorization evaluation and estimate the possibility of using it. The area of the study was a representative fragment of the Drawski Landscape Park, which covered 16.100 ha. On this area a lot of natural values, like the biggest lake...
- Peyzaj Planlama Ã‡alÄ±ÅŸmalarÄ±nda Peyzaj Metriklerinin KullanÄ±mÄ±. BENLİAY, Ahmet; YILDIRIM, Emrah // Derleme Turkish Journal of Scientific Reviews / TÃ¼rk Bilimsel D;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p7
No abstract available.