Minerals, Minerals EVERYWHERE!
- Update on Mining and Exploration Activity. Rocca, Mary // Canadian Mining Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p8
Presents updates on mineral exploration and mining activity in Ontario as of January 2001. Information on the Operation Treasure Hunt and Ontario Mineral Exploration Technologies programs; Role of mining in the economy; Exploration highlights.
- New Rules in U.S. for Diesel Particulate Levels. // Canadian Mining Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the settlement reached by the U.S. Department of Labor and the mining industry regarding the rule on diesel particulate matter (DPM) levels in underground mines in the U.S. Benefits of the rule for mine operators; Details on the limits for DPM concentration.
- SA mining sector holds its own. // Finance Week;2/24/2003, p45
Details the results of a survey by 'Finance Week' on mining and mining equipment companies in South Africa. Initial fragmentation of new projects taking place to meet black empowerment objectives; Number of jobs lost in the mining sector; Expansion plans in the industry.
- World demand for minerals forecast to grow strongly. Dokoza, Hrvojka // Asian Business Review;May95, p62
Reports on the expected growth of world demand for minerals for 1995-1996. Factors affecting the expected growth; Impact of increased economic activity on coal demand; Forecasts on Japan's coal demand.
- Exploration Roundup. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p10
Reports on developments in the mining industries worldwide as of October 1998. Results of feasibility study of Norway-based Mindex ASA on laterite nickel-cobalt project in the Philippines; Presence of semi-massive sulphides in exploration drilling site of Nanco Minerals Ltd. in Mongolia;...
- This Month In Mining: In Africa. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p12
Relates developments in the mining industries in Africa as of October 1998. Filing of claim by Toronto-based Banro Resource Corp. with the International Center for the Settlement of Disputes concerning nationalization of its gold mining assets in Congo; Loaning of money by World Bank to Sierra...
- This Month In Mining: In Europe. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p14
Relates developments in the mining industries in Europe as of October 1998. Monetary funding for cleanup of the Rio Agrio River by Toronto-based mining firm Boliden Ltd.; Increase in the gold reserves of Poland; Worldwide demand for gold during second quarter of 1998 according to the...
- This Month In Mining: In Asia. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p16
Relates developments in the mining industries in Asia as of October 1998. Halt of the copper and gold mine operations of Louisiana, US-based PT Freeport Indonesia; Sustained production level for copper by Japanese mining firm Sumitomo Metal Mining Co. despite drop of domestic demand;...
- This Month In Mining: In Latin America. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p38
Relates developments in the mining industries in Latin America as of October 1998. Completion of internal evaluation of planned drilling program for mineral reserves by Sunshine Mining and Refining Co. in Argentina; Establishment of a cooperative agreement between Codelco and Billiton Ltd. for...