Minerals, Minerals EVERYWHERE!
- New Rules in U.S. for Diesel Particulate Levels. // Canadian Mining Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the settlement reached by the U.S. Department of Labor and the mining industry regarding the rule on diesel particulate matter (DPM) levels in underground mines in the U.S. Benefits of the rule for mine operators; Details on the limits for DPM concentration.
- This Month In Mining: In Africa. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p12
Relates developments in the mining industries in Africa as of October 1998. Filing of claim by Toronto-based Banro Resource Corp. with the International Center for the Settlement of Disputes concerning nationalization of its gold mining assets in Congo; Loaning of money by World Bank to Sierra...
- This Month In Mining: In Asia. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p16
Relates developments in the mining industries in Asia as of October 1998. Halt of the copper and gold mine operations of Louisiana, US-based PT Freeport Indonesia; Sustained production level for copper by Japanese mining firm Sumitomo Metal Mining Co. despite drop of domestic demand;...
- This Month In Mining: In Canada. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct98, Vol. 199 Issue 10, p42
Relates developments in the mining industries in the Canada as of October 1998. Gold ore reserves of Placer Dome in British Columbia; Sale of the subsidiary firm of Crown Butte Resources Ltd. in Ontario; Delay in the opening of the zinc/lead mine of Breakwater Resources Ltd. in New Brunswick.
- Success Stories. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Sept2000, Vol. 201 Issue 9, p63
Focuses on the success of the mining industries in Ghana, Tanzania and Mali, Africa. Common features of the three countries; Discovery of substantial gold deposits; Account on the opening of the Damang gold mine; Progression of the Kabanga nickel project; Discussion on the African gold-digging...
- Exploring The Mine. // Monkeyshines on America;Sep99 Fossil Fuels, p24
Focuses on underground mining. Danger posed by cave-like mines and steep slopes; Use of covered carts in larger mines.
- Mining industry pools exploration ideas. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on a collaborative effort of the mining industry to search for mineral deposits employing surveying technologies in Northern Ontario. Aim of the Discover Abitibi project; Assessment of available technologies and data to provide solutions for exploration in the area; Development of a...
- Gore Proposal Shifts Public Lands Fees From Abandoned Mines to Parkland. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr2000, Vol. 201 Issue 4, p16BB
Reports on developments concerning the mining industry of North America as of April 2000. United States Vice President Al Gore's imposition of fees for mining on federal lands to support the expansion of parklands; Wildlife Habitat Council's presentation of its Corporation of the Year award to...
- South African Minerals Review. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr2000, Vol. 201 Issue 4, pWw55
Focuses on the mining industry of South Africa. Change to a system of state-held mineral rights; Question on how long the Oppenheimer family will continue to control the Anglo-American (AAC) group; Black empowerment; Emergence of smaller companies; Acceleration of South African investment...