LAKE SHORE MARSHES
- A Grizzly a Day. Heuer, Karsten // Backpacker;Apr2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p66
Reports that the wildlife from Yellowstone National Park to Watson Lake in the Yukon Territory is in trouble.
- The Power of the Tiger. Montgomery, Sy // Ranger Rick;Mar97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p16
Provides information about man-eating tigers in the Sundarbans Tiger Preserve in West Bengal, India. Number of tigers living in the preserve; Tigers as swimmers; Reasons why tigers kill and eat people; Worship services offered for the tigers by people in the area; Role of tigers as guardians of...
- Tosohatchee. Dovgan, Devon // Teen Ink;Mar2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p32
The article features the Tosohatchee Wildlife Management Area in Florida.
- Eastern Thrills. Hendricks, Bryan // Outdoor Life;Mar99, Vol. 203 Issue 2, p92
Presents information on Oklahoma's Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area (WMA). Gear that a hunter must bring; Fees charged for users; Contact information.
- Treasured Islands. Ginis, Liz; Aitchison, Peter // Australian Geographic;Oct-Dec98, Issue 52, p44
Explores the Sir Joseph Banks islands as conservation park in South Austrlia. Areas of the islands; Animals inhabiting the area.
- Shenandoah wildlife. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;May/Jun94, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p92
Describes the Earthwatch project led by Dr. William McShea (US National Zoological Park), into how wildlife management plans impact on one competitor over another, by studying mice and chipmunks, deer density and social behavior of habituated deer near Front Royal, Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. ...
- THE NORTH WOODS WILDLIFE REGION. // Northwoods Wildlife Region;1984, preceding p1
Presents a map of the Northwoods Wildlife Region.
- Great Gobs of Green Goober. Kessler, Cristina // Spider;Jun2004, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p24
Presents some information about behavior of elephants in an African wildlife area.
- Proposals for coastal refugees in Louisiana. // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb95, Vol. 56 Issue 2, Southern edition pG
Lists the proposed rules to control visitor activity and limit unrestricted human disturbance at the Paul J. Rainer Refuge and State Wildlife Refuge in Vermillion Parish, Louisiana. Includes prohibition of trespassing, fishing, or intentional disturbance of any type; Search on all boats and...