World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. Galletly, Neil; Thillainayagam, Andrew // GP: General Practitioner;6/9/2006, p39
The article offers information about gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). It is one of the most frequently encountered gastrointestinal conditions in the primary care sector. GORD can affect patients in all age groups. The term GORD refers to the backflow of gastric contents into the distal...
- Dyspepsia a negative predictor for GI cancer. // Pulse;12/20/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 50, p8
The article reports that in a new research it has been found that dyspepsia, which is used a referral guideline for gastrointestinal cancer is actually a negative predictor of cancer.
- Do you need to read this article? Try this quiz. // New Zealand Doctor;8/24/2011, p39
The article presents a quiz and relevant information about the nature and treatment for gastrointestinal diseases.
- Stomach This! Clayton, Victoria // Prevention;Apr2008, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p48
A quiz on the issue of digestive medicines and diseases is presented.
- Drug Watch: Drugs for GI disorders. // Formulary;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p536
Lists drugs indicated for several gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. Includes alosetron or Lotronex for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome; Fedotozine for hypersensitive GI tract; Perprazole for treatment of reflux esophagitis. INSET: Selected published literature/Internet information to...
- Erratum to: Deconstructing the 'July Effect' in Operative Outcomes: A National Study. Watkins, Ammara; Bliss, Lindsay; Cameron, Danielle; Eskander, Mariam; Tseng, Jennifer; Kent, Tara // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Aug2016, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1539
No abstract available.
- Regression of Type II Gastric Carcinoids in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1 Patients with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome after Surgical Excision of All Gastrinomas. Richards, Melanie L.; Gauger, Paul; Thompson, Norman W.; Giordano, Thomas J. // World Journal of Surgery;Jul2004, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p652
Enterochromaffin-like (ECL) tumors are documented in patients with hypergastrinemia secondary to chronic atrophic gastritis or with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (ZES-MEN-1). In patients with ECL tumors and atrophic gastritis, normogastrinemia after...
- Gastrointestinal Tuberculosis Mimicking Cancer-- A Reminder. Murillo, Jorge; Wells, Glynn M.; Barry, David W.; Calia, Frank M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1978, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p76
Tuberculous involvement of the gastrointestinal tract may be suspected in the presence of active pulmonary tuberculosis. This case demonstrates that tuberculous enteritis may develop in the absence of obvious pulmonary involvement. The diagnosis in such instances is established by a combination...
- Clinical Spectrum of Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli (STEC) in Adults and Children. Appleman, Stephanie Simon; Ascher, David; Choong Park // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan2009, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p99
This report describes the clinical spectrum of disease among a series of pediatric and adult patients with symptoms of gastroenteritis that subsequently tested positive for Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in their stool. All diarrheal stools (n = 1712) between July 2005 and November 2006...