Endothelin receptor antagonist TAK-044 arrests and reverses the development of carbon tetrachloride induced cirrhosis in rats
- Hepatic Tissue Endothelin-1 Levels in Chronic Liver Disease Correlate With Disease Severity and Ascites. Alam, I.; Bass, N. M.; Bacchetti, P.; Gee, L.; Rockey, D. C. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2000, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p199
OBJECTIVES: Plasma endothelin-1 (ET-1) levels are increased in patients with cirrhosis and ET-1 production is increased in the liver itself during experimental injury. These data suggest a possible role for this vasoactive peptide in intrahepatic microcirculatory changes that contribute to the...
- Doses of endothelin have natriuretic effects in conscious rats with cirrhosis and ascites. Clària, Joan; Jiménez, Wladimiro; Arroyo, Vicente; Castro, Anna; Asbert, Mònica; Ros, Josefa; Rivera, Francisca; Rodés, Joan // Kidney International;Aug1991, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p182
MAP, RPF, GFR, V and UNa V were measured in nine conscious control and in 11 conscious cirrhotic rats with ascites before and following two bolus injections (100 and 600 pmol/kg body wt) of endothelin (ET). PRA and plasma concentration of aldosterone and ANP were measured in basal conditions and...
- Pathology/cytology. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS76
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Endothelin 1 (ET-1) and endothelin 3 (ET-3) like immunoreactivity in normal and cirrhotic liver and in hepatocellular carcinoma,' by S. Chakrabarti and K. Mukherjee.
- Hematochezia in a patient with liver cirrhosis. Cahill, Ronan A.; Norris, Suzanne; Stephens, Richard B. // World Journal of Emergency Surgery;2007, Vol. 2, p32
Although commonly detectable in patients with cirrhosis, rectal varices only infrequently cause significant hematochezia (0.5-3.6%). While they may be expected to resolve with treatment of the concomitant portal hypertension, there is currently no standardized approach to their management in...
- ROLE OF ENQOTHELIN-1 IN THE MAINTENANCE OF SYSTEMIC AND PORTAL HAEMODYNAMICS IN PATIENTS WITH CIRRHOSIS: A RANDOMISED DOUBLE BLIND PLACEBO CONTROLLED HAEMODYNAMIC STUDY... Tripathi, D.; Therapondos, G.; Ferguson, J. W.; Webb, D. J.; Newby, D. E.; Hayes, P. C. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA13
Endothelin (ET)-1 synthesis and receptor expression are increased in the injured liver. To date, there are no studies to examine the role of ET-1 on systemic and portal haemodynamics in patients with cirrhosis. For the first time, researchers have shown that ET-1 contributes to the maintenance...
- Management Challenges of Liver Cirrhosis. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;2/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p1127
Provides information on the study `Cirrhosis of Liver,' by B.S. Anand published in the August 1999 issue of the `Western Journal of Medicine.'
- Mercaptopurine. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2014, Vol. 1512 Issue 1, p27
The article presents a case study of a 12-year-old boy who was admitted to hospital for non-cirrhotic portal hypertension after being treated for Cohn's disease (CD).
- DECOMPENSATED CIRRHOSIS; PREVALENCE OF GASTRIC VARICES. Iqbal, Sarwat; Yousaf, Muhammad Haroon; Yousuf, Muhammad Ifitikhar; Wasim-Uddin // Professional Medical Journal;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1397
Cirrhosis with subsequent portal hypertension is a major health problem worldwide. Among various etiologies, HCV is the leading cause of chronic hepatocellular injury. Cirrhosis being the commonest cause of portal hypertension results in a spectrum of complications. Approximately 5-15% of...
- Idiopathic Presinusoidal Portal Hypertension (Banti's Syndrome). Polish, Edwin; Christie, John; Cohen, Arthur; Sullivan Jr., Benjamin // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr62, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p624
Presents the case of a 23-year-old Caucasian male that bears resemblance to the early stages of Banti's syndrome, characterized by splenomegaly and cirrhosis of the liver. Stages of the disease; Indications that the portal hypertension was presinusoidal in origin; Absence of neurological...