Disclosure in Milwaukee
- 2011 LOBBYING DISCLOSURE: Observations on Lobbyists' Compliance with Disclosure Requirements. // GAO Reports;3/30/2012, preceding p1
The article presents a study conducted by the U.S Government Accountability Office (GAO) on compliance of lobbyist with disclosure requirement. The Honest Leadership and Open Government Act (HLOGA) requires lobbyist to file semiannual reports and disclosure reports with certain political...
- FORM: Lobbying Issues. Mancuso, Anthony; Kindell, Judith E.; Reilly, John Francis // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California (9781413310276;May2009, pF41
The article offers information on regulations concerning lobbying activities of tax-exempt organizations in California. Under the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995, nonprofit organizations that engage in lobbying are not eligible for federal funds. Nonprofit organizations can participate in...
- When a loophole doesn't need to be closed. Spulak, Thomas // Hill;7/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 79, p18
The article focuses on the Closing the Foreign Lobbying Loophole Act introduced in the U.S. Senate that would repeal a provision of the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 and increase the disclosure of information about the lobbying activities of foreign companies.
- The Canadian experience: The Lobbyist Registration Act. Rush, Michael // Parliamentary Affairs;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p516
Investigates regulation of lobbying in Canada, under the Lobbyist Registration Act. Definition of lobbying; Requirements to lobbyists; Issues associated with the registration of lobbyists; Limitations of the law; Revisions of the law.
- Reforms Sought in Lobbying Registration. Quade, Vicki // American Bar Association Journal;Feb82, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p132
Reports on the proposals to reform lobbying regulation in the United States, as of February 1982. Shortfalls of the law passed in 1946; Planned changes in the registration of lobbyists.
- New rules on stimulus make lobbyists bristle. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;3/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p12
The article reports on the new lobbying rules for the $787 billion stimulus package that will have a chilling effect on lobbyists' interaction with the Obama administration.
- SOAP BOX. Goldie, Simon // PRWeek (London);6/22/2012, p15
The article discusses the proposal of the British government to have a statutory register of lobbyists.
- Lobbying Issues. Kindell, Judith E.; Reilly, John Francis // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation (9781413313871);May2012, pF46
The article discusses the concerns about the lobbying activities of nonprofit organizations in the U.S. It says that the issues raised are regarding the need of additional restrictions to these activities. It notes the enactment of the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 on January 1, 1996 in...
- Overheard in the lobby: Important changes coming to lobbying in Ottawa. Young, Alan // CMA Management;May2008, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p48
The article focuses on the issue surrounding the changes of the lobbying laws in Ottawa, Ontario. According to the author, the change in the name of the said law from the Lobbyists Registration Act to the Lobbying Act signals a significant modification on the legal system of lobbying. It states...