School Decision Time
- School district, village regroup after voters shoot down levies. DeWitt, David // Athens News;11/11/2013, p3
The article focuses on the aftermath steps taken by officials of village of Albany and Trimble Local School District of Ohio after voters rejected levies on the ballot in the in respective communities in November 2013. It states that it is third time that Trimble district in Ohio has been...
- Rockwood board to vote on April bond issue. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;1/16/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, pA3
The article discusses a proposal by Picture Rockwood for the Rockwood School District Board of Education to vote on a 36- million-U.S.-dollar no-tax bond issue on the April 2, 2013 ballot for the security, technology and facility improvements of the educational institutions in the area.
- Ballot Recommendations: Endorsements for South Bay School Districts. // La Prensa San Diego;10/17/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p6
No abstract available.
- Forecast Improves For Schools in N.J. // Education Week;5/5/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the election for the school budgets by the school-board members in New Jersey. School budgets were approved in 68 percent of the state's 548 voting school districts that rise up to 4 percentages from 1981. From 1978 to 1981, the percentage of budgets passed dropped each year.
- Laurie Sekula. // Wilson County News;4/23/2014, p6A
In this article, the author requests the voters to vote and support her for the Poth Independent School District (ISD) School Board Trustee election to be held in Poth, Texas on May 10, 2014, and also mentions her aim to ensure a high quality education for all students.
- Lance Malcher. // Wilson County News;4/23/2014, p6A
In this article, the author requests the voters to vote and support him for the Poth Independent School District (ISD) School Board Trustee election to be held in Poth, Texas on May 10, 2014, and also mentions his aim to focus on academic accountability, and fiscal accountability.
- State Journal. Cavanagh, Sean // Education Week;4/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p22
On April 1, 2003 voters across Illinois agreed to raise taxes for schools, or support education-centered bond measures, in 51 of 114 local ballot initiatives. In a state where the financial outlook for hundreds of schools ranges from fairly troubling to downright calamitous, education advocates...
- Athens and Trimble districts both plan to float levies. DeWitt, David // Athens News;7/26/2012, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Athens City School District and the Trimble Local School District school boards in Ohio to put ballot levies before voters in November 2012. The Athens School District levy is a renewal of an emergency levy with a small increase, while the Trimble...
- Orange Bond Alert. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p57
Reports that the Orange Unified School District (OUSD) board is to place a 200 million dollar bond issue on the ballot for March, 2004. Proposed property tax increase to pay for the bonds; Proposed usage of the proceeds of the bond issue; Funds already set aside for the project; Increase in...