Senate Passes Bill to Help American Samoa's Bonds
- DC Enterprise Zone Bond Program, Other E Zone Programs, Are at a Crossroads. Shay-Byrne, Olivia; Fick, Philip J. // Municipal Finance Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on the District of Columbia's Enterprise Zone bond program which expired on December 31, 2003. U.S. Senate bills which have provisions that would extend the Enterprise Zone bond program beyond December 31, 2003; Tax-exempt Enterprise Zone facility bonds issued by the District;...
- Market participants criticize ongoing use of retroactive effective dates. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p5
Focuses on the concerns about a trend among legislators of introducing bills aimed at curbing tax exempt bond transactions that carry retroactive effective dates in the United States. Reactions of lawyers and members of municipal bond community to the trend.
- Virginia Lawmakers Divided on Tax-Exempt Bonds for Transportation Projects. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p4
The article reports that the fate of legislation that could authorize Virginia to sell tax-exempt bonds for transportation projects is now in the hands of lawmakers representing both chambers of the General Assembly. The negotiations will deal with two separate transportation finance bills that...
- House Bill Could Provide $10B for Forest, Water Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32700, p5
The article reports on the authorization given to municipal issuers to issue up to $10 billion in tax-exempt bonds for forest conservation and an unspecified amount in clean renewable water supply bonds under legislation introduced by two House members in Congress in the U.S. A bill that would...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p28
The article reports on the status of bond buyer legislation in Washington in 2007. The Health and Higher Education Facilities Improvement Act was referred to the House Ways and Means Committee in January 23 but no scheduled hearings yet. The Eligibility of Veterans for Mortgage Bond Financing...
- California County Seeks Approval From Legislature on Proposed Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32584, p35
The article reports on the request of the Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District to the Legislature to approve what an official describes as a technical bill before proceeding to its plan to issue tax-exempt bonds to finance open space acquisition in California. The...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p36
Presents charts and graphs depicting trends in securities trading in the United States, as of January 4, 2001. Key securities market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31848, p37
Presents charts and a graph depicting tax-exempt yields, securities, and bonds in the U.S. as of March 2004.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p40
Presents information on securities trading in the United States, as of July 20, 2001. Key market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; General obligation bond prices.