June Housing Starts, Permits Decline
- Housing Starts In August Dropped To a 12-Year Low. // American Banker;9/20/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 182, p9
This article reports on the findings of the U.S. Commerce Department that said housing starts in August 2007 fell to a 12-year low. Building permits were down 5.9 percent and the overall decrease was 2.6 percent. It is feared the housing slump may deepen and the Federal Reserve dropped interest...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, September 21. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p2
Presents key economic indicators in the U.S. for September 22, 2004. Housing starts; Building permits; Government securities prices.
- A Rise in Starts Sign of Strength For Home Market. // American Banker;10/20/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 202, p13
Reports that an unexpected increase in U.S. housing starts last month suggests demand is holding even though borrowed costs are on the rise. Rise in the number of building permits; Impact of job growth and low rates for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages on builder demand; Suggestion from economists...
- Housing to remain strong, economists predict. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p23
Reports on U.S. economists' prediction that housing will continue to perform well during 2004 and beyond. Concerns over a housing price bubble due to rapidly rising housing prices around the U.S.; Highlights of a teleconference held by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB); Positive...
- BUSINESS BAROMETER. // Home Channel News;5/24/2004, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p30
Presents figures on economic indicators in the United States, compiled as of May 24, 2004. Quarterly housing starts forecast; Prediction that rising mortgage rates will flatten housing starts; Impact of interest rates on housing starts.
- Housing Starts Dow Permits Rise. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p2
Reports on the decline for new housing construction in the U.S. Increase in private housing permits; Level for housing starts; Rise in single-family housing starts compared to the condition of multi-family housing starts.
- Multi-family housing building permits shoot up 330%. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/5/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p21
The article focuses on the condition of the U.S. economy as of November 2007. According to the Conference Board, the Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) fell to 95.6 in October. The taxable retail sales activity in Clark County, Nevada declined by 5.2% to $2.9 billion in August based on the...
- Economists: Housing Starts Down in Feb. Dow Jones // American Banker;3/16/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 51, p9
Focuses on the drop in February housing starts in the United States. Information from a survey of economists by Dow Jones and CNBC; Expectation that building permits will drop from the revised January rate; When the Commerce Department will release its February report; Speculation of analyst...
- Home Sweet Home. Benson, P. George // Georgia Trend;Jul2005, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
This article focuses on the impact of housing market on the U.S. economy. Last year was the fourth consecutive record-setting year for sales of new and existing single family homes in the U.S. New home sales were up 8.9 percent and existing home sales were up 9.4 percent over 2003. Housing...