Koomen shows the way with home-grown hardwood designs
- Welcome! Gibbs, Nick // British Woodworking;Jun/Jul2012, Issue 30, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including furniture-making approach of Philip Koomen, woodworkers with ambitions to form beauty and push the envelope of design, and Steve Prescott's techniques in woodworking.
- Pedestal Table for OneOak. Koomen, Philip // British Woodworking;Jun/Jul2012, Issue 30, p4
The article focuses on pedestal table OneOak project by Philip Koomen at his Oxfordshire, England workshop. It says that Koomen committed to design the project to join a touring OneOak exhibition, and it also mentions that his piece is effectively a pedestal table with 1.3 meter in diameter. It...
- HONEST GOODS. // Crafts (0306610X);May/Jun2012 Supplement, Issue 236S, p48
The article discusses the exhibition "Raw Craft: Fine Thinking in Contemporary Furniture," featuring works by various furniture makers including Tomas Alonso, Fabien Cappello and Max Lamb, to be held as part of COLLECT 2012: The International Art Fair for Contemporary Objects in London, England.
- Thank you for the Days. Pacey, Emily // Design Week;3/3/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p28
The article reviews the exhibition "Robin & Lucienne Day: Pioneers of Contemporary Design" at the Pallant House Gallery from March 26, 2011 to June 26, 2011 in Chichester, England.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;7/16/2004, Issue 5397, p7
Reports that the work of 10 furniture design graduates from London Metropolitan University in England will be on show at the university from July 19-24, 2004.
- IMM EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS. // Cabinet Maker;2/3/2012, Issue 5773, p22
The article reviews the 2012 Internationale Mobelmesse (IMM) Cologne furniture show held in Germany.
- Creativity combined with practicality wins. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p6
Features designs from the New Designers furniture design exhibition held at the Business Design Centre in London, England. Description of the table designed by Simon French; Description of the storage unit designed by Stacey Lewis.
- Shaped by history. Coad, Emma Dent // Building Design;1/11/2002, Issue 1515, p16
Reviews the 2002 furniture design exhibition 'After the Fire: London Furniture' at the Geffreye Museum in London, England.
- House Codes. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/11/2012, Vol. 203 Issue 74, p6
The article previews the Salone del Mobile exhibition, a design and furniture show that will take place April 17-22, 2012 in Milan, Italy.