MRG smells more profit in perfume
- Asian influence boosts Kingfisher. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/2005, Issue 5418, p6
Reports on the performance of several furniture industries and retail trade sector in the financial market. Shares of Kingfishers; Disappointment in Merchant Retail's sales; Increase in share prices of MFI.
- Courts shares dive while MFI lifts a little. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p6
Reports on the decline in the shares of the furniture retailer Courts PLC in Great Britain. Increase in the shares of MFI Furniture Group PLC; Reduction in the stocks of Marks & Spencer Group PLC; Decrease in the stocks of Merchant Retail.
- De Gruchy for sale. // Housewares;Oct2005, Issue 193, p35
The article discloses that the De Gruchy department store in Jersey in the Channel Islands has been put up for sale following A.S. Watson's acquisition of the store's parent company, Merchant Retail. The store is described by Merchant Retail chief executive Philip Newton as a business of very...
- Revamp prompts sales increase. // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2002, Issue 5315, p4
Reports the increase in the sales of Merchant Retail Group following its relaunch in Great Britain. Cost of the store's refurbishment; Replacement of chairman Reg Heath by Brian O'Callaghan; Promotion of Jeremy Seigal to the position of group marketing director.
- Revamp for de Gruchy. // Cabinet Maker;06/08/2001, Issue 5241, p5
Reports the investment of department store operator Merchant Retail Group for the renovation of de Gruchy store in Jersey, Great Britain. Layout of the store; Style and design of the store; Increase of operation profits.
- Atlas signed to launch Perfume Shop campaign. // Marketing (00253650);11/25/1999, p4
Reports on discount fragrance retailer The Perfume Shop's hiring of Atlas Advertising to create its first advertising campaign. Trial press, poster and postcard campaigns in Glasgow, Scotland; The Perfume Shop owner Merchant Retail Group's expansion plans for the brand into electronic commerce...
- Chain stores fail to respond to recovery. // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p4
Lists several furniture stores in Great Britain that failed to respond to market's recovery as of July 12, 2002. Allders; Courts; Merchant Retail; Marks & Spencer.
- People… on the move. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;6/4/2002, p26
Reports several promotions of human resources executives in Great Britain as of June 2002. Selection of Melanie Wadeley as executive director of Merchant; Appointment of Viv Miles as head of performance development of commercial radio company GWR; Role of executive Karen Gabriel in the...
- Share index up, but directors cut and run. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2003, Issue 5368, p6
Reports on the increase of the share index in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain as of December 2003. Profit losses of SCS Co.; Losses of Merchant Retail Group; Sale by company directors of their own shares.