DFS wins back Â£15m from Customs
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p2
Reports on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain, as of March 19, 1999. Includes DFS as the largest retail user of direct mail in 1998; Ikea upholstery supplier Olympia Furniture's purchase of Buoyant's Ikea factory from receiver Arthur Andersen; Average sales growth of home...
- DFS: still standing at the crossroads. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p8
Analyzes the chances of Lord Kirkham in taking over DFS, the furniture chain he founded in 1969, with a renewed and higher bid. Kirkham's reason for the taking the chain private; Advantages of having his bid accepted by shareholders; Plans of Kirkham in the event that his offer is rejected.
- DFS loses bid in Hong Kong. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/21/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 95, p16
Reports that DFS, the world's largest operator of duty-free shops with a concentration in Pacific Rim markets, has lost its bid for two duty-free concessions at Hong Kong's new international airport.
- Yoga trick gives DFS OK! profile. // Cabinet Maker;3/29/2002, Issue 5280, p32
Focuses on the DFS profile in the OK! magazine. Presentation of contortionist in the advertisement; Context of the photo; Contention of the Cabinet Maker staff.
- Problems at DFS. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;05/01/98, Issue 5086, p1
Opinion. Provides an update on the status of the DFS business. Jon Massey and Ian Bownes' acquisition of DFS shares; Speculations on the collapse of the DFS company.
- DFS denies Scottish move. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/98, Issue 5118, p2
Focuses on furniture chain DFS Group Ltd.'s denial of plans to expand into Scotland.
- Over 2,300 apply for 14 jobs at Derry DFS. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2012, Issue 5798, p10
The article reports that DFS Group Ltd. has received over 2,300 applications for 14 positions at its second outlet in Northern Ireland.
- Campaign Promotion in Association with PPA: PPA Advertising Awards 2013. // Campaign (UK);6/28/2013, p29
The article announces that advertising agency DFS Group Ltd. has won the PPA Advertising award.
- DFS owner to buy Lord Kirkham's debt interest. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2010, Issue 5695, p9
The article reports on the plan of DFS Group Ltd., owner of Advent International, to buy out the last remaining debt interests of its founder Lord Graham Kirkham in Great Britain.