- Ikea: the 'love it or hate it' store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007 Supplement, p11
The article profiles houseware retailer Ikea UK in Great Britain. Details on the company's strengths and weaknesses in the retail market are provided. The company's plans for growth and the threats that they feared to face are also given. It also provides their contact information and buyer details.
- Ikea's billion pound player. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p16
Focuses on the business strategy employed by Peter Hogsted for Ikea UK's head office in north London, England. Motivational challenge faced by Hogsted; Achievements of Hogsted for the company; Customer relations strategy; Career background. INSET: The Hogsted route.
- Ikea ready for talks about smaller stores. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2004, Issue 5411, p3
The article reports that the home furnishing company Ikea UK conceded that it will have to alter its strategy, including opening smaller stores nearer town centres, if it is to realise its ambition of UK expansion. Peter Hogsted, Ikea Britain country manager, said that the company was prepared...
- A new challenge for the UK. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2004, Issue 5411, p3
The article focuses on the home furnishing industry Ikea UK's perennial permission problem. According to Peter Hogsted, Ikea UK country manager, many in the trade don't view this retail giant as direct competition. Its vastness and economies give it a whole set of dynamics and issues that don't...
- Enesco in accents for the long haul. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports the launching of Milieu home accent division by Enesco Home Gallery in North Carolina. Target of the company on existing gift retailers; Expansion of license programs; Introduction of product lines at the International Home Furnishings Market.
- Survey suggests specialization on wane. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, pS2
Presents a survey on lamps and lighting by Home Accents Today in the United States. Dependence of vendors on foreign sourcing; Dominance of specialty stores among retail sales; Participation of small businesses in the survey; Impact of the survey on the home accent furniture industry.
- Universe Study: Who answered the survey. // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, pS22
Discusses the United States home furnishings industry report '2000 Universe Study,' released by the 'Home Accents Today' magazine as of December 2000. Home furnishings vendors who participated in the study; Retail channels.
- MARKET EVENTS. // Home Accents Today;Jul2008, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p100
A calendar of events for the home accent industry in the U.S. in 2008 is presented, including the New York International Gift Fair from August 16 to 21, the Ankasa Open House-Home Textiles Market Week Reception in New York City on August 16, and the Barefoot Contessa-Celebrity Appearance and...
- Dwellings, Post & Gray open in Asheville, N.C. // Home Accents Today;Feb2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p41
This section offers news briefs on home furnishings store openings as of February 2010 including Dwellings and Post & Gray which both opened a new location in Asheville, North Carolina.