Tax-Free Yields Continue Fall, as Taxables Climb
- Return-Wise, Munis Beat Expectations. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p1
Reports on the weak performance of the municipal bond market during 2003 in the U.S. Factors contributed to the weak performance of the market; Comparison on the annual total return between 2002 and 2003; Maintenance in the increase of interest rate.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p33
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 9, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields; Visible supply rises; New-issue balance; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch...
- Taxable funds are--surprise!--the place to be for real gains. Stark, Ellen // Money;Nov94, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p42
Compares the average yields of tax-exempt and taxable money market funds in 1994. Yields of municipal and corporate bonds.
- Weekly Tax-Free Yields Rise to 0.64%. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p6
Reports that tax-free money market fund yields shot up nine basis points on an annualized basis to 0.64% in the U.S. during the week ended on August 23, 2004. First real spurt taken by tax-free fund yields since the Federal Reserve Board began raising interest rates; Analysis of pertinent topics...
- Market Looks to LCRA, D.C. Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;6/4/2015, p10
The article reports on the U.S. municipal bond market that will wait for the pricing of Washington, D.C.'s general obligation bonds and the sale of the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA), and that traders will also be watching on bond yields on June 4, 2015. It notes the increase of yield of...
- Munis Steady as Market Waits for Issuance. Weitzman, Aaron; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F353, p1
After a frenzy-filled day in the primary on Wednesday, with the pricing of the Chicago Board of Education's $725 million deal that was originally scheduled for the previous week, the action will continue Thursday with a slew of large deals from issuers in Texas, Maryland and Georgia.
- The puzzle of BABs. WHEELER, JOE // ABA Banking Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p42
The article examines the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing Build America Bonds (BAB). These bonds enable state and local governments to issue taxable bonds for capital projects and receive a subsidy for portion of borrowing costs from the federal government. One factor that makes BAB...
- Market Post: Short-End Bonds Extend Losses to Fourth Day. Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;3/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34080, p1
The article reports that prices of short-term bonds in the U.S. security market have dropped as of March 21, 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of a selloff over interest rate on short-term bonds, the decrease in five basis points in the rate of return for bonds and increment in the...
- Inflows Hit Record Again With $12.3B. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32774, p6
The article reports that asset levels in municipal money market funds in the U.S. have reached record levels for the last 10 consecutive weeks, as the funds experienced inflows of $12.28 billion for the week ending December 10, 2007. The increase was significantly backed by a slow finish in...