Louisiana OKs Using Bonds to Reimburse Lines of Credit for Priority 1 Projects
- Rhode Island Prepares $120M Insured Deal for Its Last Sale of Year. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p3
Reports that the Rhode Island and Providence Plantations is selling $120.7 million of insured debt through negotiation on April 14, 2005. Rhode Island and Providence Plantations' last general obligation deal in 2005; Part of the state's regular capital budget borrowing; Bonds' underlying ratings.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p33
Presents a chart depicting the changes in the bond transaction of several states in the U.S. as of July 26, 2005.
- New Arena Plan Would Rely on Albuquerque Backing Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p6
Reports on the prospect for Albuquerque, New Mexico to back debt for a new multimillion-dollar arena. Provision of two bond issues through the Finance Authority; Requirement for Albuquerque to make debt payments if the revenue streams fell below projections; View of city officials on the...
- Uruguay: Fiscal Challenges Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p11
Deals with the fiscal challenges to Uruguay in 2005. Status of the US$ Global bond incurred by the country; Influence of the election of President Tabare Vazquez on the economy of the nation; Efforts of the administration of the President to implement crucial fiscal reforms in the country.
- Atlanta sees uptick in borrowing costs; wades through heavy supply. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p28
Reports on two borrowing deals issued by the city of Atlanta, Georgia during the week of November 19, 1998. Value of each transaction; Negative outlook assigned by Standard & Poor's to the city; Pricing of the general obligation bonds; Structure of the certificate of participation refunding deal.
- Argentina: Stalemate On Debt Talks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p11
Deals with the insistent demand of Argentina for a write-down in the face value of its bond debt. Flaws of the proposal; Warning to bond holders.
- Baltimore Budget. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32098, p35
Reports on the increase of the capital budget including bond financing in Baltimore, Maryland. Exclusion of the property taxes under a budget plan developed by Mayor Martin O'Malley; Amount of proposed budget; Inclusion of an amount for transportation projects and community and economic...
- New York State Issuers on Pace to Issue $900 Million Less in 2d Quarter Debt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p6
The article reports on the new money debt to be issued by New York state and local government borrowers for the second quarter of 2006. The issuers are to release 900 million dollars less debt than the 4.4 billion dollars of municipal bonds sold for the second quarter of 2005. The month of April...
- Orange County, Calif., Returning to Market With $84M Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p36
Reports the decision of the county government to issue a lease of revenue refunding bonds through the Public Finance Authority in Orange County, California. Contribution of the proceeds in refunding the debt sold by the Public Financing Corp.; Firms underwriting the bonds; Changes undergone by...