Munis Weaken as Prices Are Cut; Primary Sees $800M of New Deals
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p1
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States increased on August 25, 2004, as gains the Treasury market propped up the bid side in the tax-exempt sector. Underwriters' pricing of 287 million dollars of Fulton, County, Georgia, water and sewer revenue bonds in the new-issue market;...
- Weekly T-Bills Go at 0.145%, 0.330% High Rates. // Bond Buyer;11/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34411, p1
Tender rates for the Treasury Department's latest 91-day and 182-day discount bills were mixed, as the three-months incurred a 0.145% high rate, up from 0.135% the prior week, and the six-months incurred a 0.330% high rate, down from 0.340% the week before.
- $16 billion sale of 2-year notes spurs a rally in the bond market. Fraust, Bart // American Banker;8/25/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 163, p24
Reports on the successful auction of the Treasury Department's two-year notes on August 24, 1993. Average yield on the notes; Strong demand from municipalities; Unlikelihood of an increase in short-term rates; Increase in bond prices; Drop in bond-equivalent yield of the one-year Treasury bill;...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p36
Several charts are presented depicting daily and weekly changes in municipal bond index and average dollar prices of bonds and short-term tax-exempt yields for September 26, 2006. It also showed U.S. security prices including treasury bills, notes and bonds and the Lehman Brothers long treasury...
- Munis Catch Bid on the Back of 2d Day of Treasury Gains. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p2
Reports that Municipal Bond Market has caught a bid on the back of a second straight day of gains in Treasuries during the auction of U.S. Department of Treasury's three-year notes in the U.S. Highest bid for the auctioned three-year notes; Percentage of decrease in tax-exempt yields; Impact of...
- Treasury to Sell $35B 4-Week Bills. // Bond Buyer;9/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34370, p1
The Treasury Department said Monday it will sell $35 billion of four-week discount bills Tuesday.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p40
Presents statistical data about the bond market in the United States as of August 6, 2004. Municipal bond index; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Treasury bills.
- Muni Bond Indexes Fall in Latest Week. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/5/2014, Issue 34222, p1
The Bond Buyer's 20-Bond GO Index of 20-year general obligation yields dropped to its lowest level in at least six months as it fell 11 basis points in the week ended Dec. 3 to 3.83% from 3.94% in the previous week.
- Munis Higher, Buoyed by Treasuries; Georgia County Sells $287 Million. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices improved on August 25, 2004, influenced by gains in the Treasury market. Sale of 287 million dollars of Fulton County, Georgia, water and sewerage revenue bonds and the Florida Board of Education's 200 million dollars of public capital education outlay bonds....