Of Flies and Shopping Malls: City May Cure Default of 'Dirt Bonds'
- California town prices $62.5 million refinancing to avoid a messy default. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30459, p1
Reports that Stone & Youngberg will price a three-tranche, Mello-Roos bond refinancing for Fontana, California. Total value of the refinancing package; Uses for the proceeds from the sale of Mello-Roos bonds by the town in 1988; Delinquency rate of the community facility district (CFD) on the...
- California county to correct defaulted debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30459, p32
Reports that Stone & Youngberg has been asked to help Nevada County, California correct its Mello-Roos bond deal. Amount in Mello-Roos bonds sold by Nevada County in 1990; First California Capital Market Group Inc. as the bond's underwriter; US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation...
- Shelter From The Muni Downturn. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/26/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the plans of San Francisco, California-based municipal bonds firm Stone and Youngberg LLC to expand to New York City. Hopes of Stone and Youngberg to increase its presence in New York City slowly but steadily; Goal of finding markets in which Stone and Youngberg can become a...
- WHO'S AFRAID OF MUNICIPAL DEFAULTS? Locke, Larry G.; Locke, Virginia R. // International Journal of Business, Accounting, & Finance;Fall2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p129
The article presents a study which aims to examine the potential reasons for and against widespread municipal defaults. The study analyzes the financial sources of municipal budgetary stresses and then consider municipal bond investor activity seeking a correlation between either set of factors...
- Regionals Romp In Munis. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on efforts of U.S. firms in municipal bond underwriting market as of January 13, 2003. Bids on municipal financing made by Stone & Youngberg; Acquisitions made by Seattle Northwest Securities Corp.
- Stone & Youngberg's Manhattan Move. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p6
This article reports that San Francisco-based Stone & Youngberg LLC announced yesterday it had moved its New York City office to 450 Lexington Avenue from 230 Park Avenue and will be hiring additional salespeople to further expand its fixed-income business. The 11 sales people currently in the...
- IRS: California Health District's Bonds are PABs. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;6/16/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34126, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has declared that the general obligation bonds issued in 2007 and 2009 by Sierra Kings Health Care District in California are private-activity bonds and not tax exempt bonds. It mentions that this assertion is made due to the use...
- Detroit to Default on GO Payment. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;
The article reports that Detroit, Michigan has decided that it will default its general obligation (GO) bond payments from October 1, 2013.
- Reno Officials Will Weigh Options for Avoiding Casino Debt Default. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;9/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33376, p4
The article reports that the city officials are weighing options on how to avoid defaulting on bonds backed by a lease with a defunct casino in Reno, Nevada.