POWER PLANT PLUS
- Central America and Caribbean: Jamaica. // Electrical Utilities of the World;2002, p817
The article presents an overview of the electric power industry in Jamaica with reference to the country's economic conditions. The overview includes the statistics related to the installed thermal capacity, hydro capacity, nuclear power production and total national power consumption. Jamaica...
- Southern California Public Power Authority's Magnolia Power Project earns POWER'S highest honor. Peltier, Robert // Power;Sep2005, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p24
This article asserts that the Magnolia Power Project, a 310-MW combined-cycle plant in downtown Burbank, California, proves that "urban load-centered generation" is indeed practical, if the right pieces are put in place. SCPPA financed and owns Magnolia on behalf of six of its member municipal...
- India's plans for five 'mega' plant. // International Power Generation;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the plan of the government of India to build five thermal power projects, with a total installed capacity of 20,000 megawatts. Uses of the power plants.
- No takers for Zanjan IPP. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/26/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p28
Reports on the problem with the program of Iran to develop independent power plants on a build-own-operate basis after it failed to attract companies to bid for the project. Internal discussions started by state power company Tavanir on how to proceed with the program; Local and international...
- US DoE forecasts energy shift: new power plants built for coal. Kamalick, Joe // Chemical Market Reporter;11/7/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 16, p8
Anticipates the growth of coal-fired electric power generating capacity in the U.S. for the next two decades, according to the Department of Energy. Interest in the fuel for generating power brought about by the increasing cost of natural gas; Plans for the construction of coal-fired power...
- Brooklyn Navy Yard Cogeneration Facility. // Power;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p44
The article provides information on the Brooklyn Navy Yard Cogeneration facility, which is one of the leading power plants in the U.S. The power plant provides steam and electricity to Consolidated Edison Inc.'s steam system, Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corp. and New York City's Red Hook...
- Yet more hydropower planned for Brazil. // International Power Generation;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the plan of Brazilian electric power company CPFL Energia to construct two hydro-electric power plants in the Rio Grande do Sul state as of February 2004. Information on the power plants; Other construction plans of CPFL.
- Power industry projects. // Modern Power Systems;Aug2004, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p7
Reports on several electric power industry projects. Expansion project for the Luoyang power plant in China; Construction of a combined cycle power plant in India; Plans to develop a wind farm in Great Britain.
- Central America and Caribbean: Guadaloupe. // Electrical Utilities of the World;2002, p809
The article presents an overview of the electric power industry in Guadaloupe island in France with reference to the island's economic conditions. The overview includes the statistics related to the installed thermal capacity, hydro capacity, nuclear power production and total national power...