The AEF 12 step
- Hello, Old Friend! Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Feb2001, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
Offers a look at the deployment of United States (U.S.) Air Force airmen on the island of Curacao as part of an international counterdrug aviation mission. Relationship of the people of Curacao with the airmen; Key features of Curacao's historic architecture.
- Have Mojo, Will Travel. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the importance of preparing for a deployment for members of the U.S. Air Force. Significance of checklists; Basic necessities during deployment; List of items to bring when being deployed. INSET: Top 10 items to take when deploying.
- Airman Update. // Airman;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p16
Presents update for the United States Air Force members as of November 1, 1999. Testing of the Commando Card, a tailored deployment tool; Expansion of the area of eligibility for receiving the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for Operation Northern Watch; Features of the Electronic Account...
- TARGETING CHANGE. BATES, TECH. SGT. MATTHEW // Airman;May2012, p1
The article offers information on the new rifle qualification at the 87th Security Forces Squadron on Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey. It states that the change took effect in December 2011, and the Air Forces bases have been training their instructors and find ways to implement...
- Prepared for Battle. Harvey, Jess // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2011, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p26
The article focuses on the provision of the new Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern (OCP) uniforms to Airmen of the U.S. Air Force who will be deployed to Afghanistan as part of their deployment gear. It states that the development of the OCP uniforms is intended to improve the...
- Relief is in Sight. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the United States (US) Air Force aerospace expeditionary force (AEF), a military deployment system. How military pilots are trained to provide better smartbombing during AEF; Advantages of AEF; Interest of US Guard and Reserve members to join AEF deployment.
- It's all about the Airmen. Bates, Matthew // Airman;Spring2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p16
The article cites how General T. Michael Moseley is concerned about the Airmen and the jobs they do for the U.S. The author discussed Moseley's speech, mentioning the three priorities which Moseley felt were vital to the Air Force, such as the continuing war on terrorism, recapitalization and...
- Chief's View. Badgett, Dwight // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p3
In this article the author discusses his views on resiliency in the U.S. Air Force as it relates to deployments and combat. He says that American resiliency involves preparing oneself to cope with the stresses of being an airman and managing one's own life. He emphasizes the need to develop the...
- Support the Combatant Commander, Develop the Force, or Roll the Dice? Parker, Kevin // Air & Space Power Journal;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p68
The author discusses the personnel deployment strategy of the U.S. Air Force. It mentions that the said deployment mechanism failed to consider the effect of a tasking on the professional development of an airman and rarely looked at any specific qualification an individual possesses. He argues...