The steep and rocky road
- LOST IN SPACE. Kirkpatrick, Andy // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Jun2007, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p95
The article offers advice on big wall climbing. Big wall climbing requires more than just physical strength and stamina. In order to scale a route of such length, it is vital that the climber has the equipment and skills necessary for living on the wall for days or weeks at a time. This involves...
- GEAR. // Climbing;Dec2012, Issue 311, p33
The article offers step-by-step instructions on how to organize mountaineering equipment.
- 1997 STATE OF THE OUTDOOR INDUSTRY REPORT. Secunda, David // Association of Outdoor Recreation & Education Conference Proceed;1997 Proceedings, p96
Outdoor recreation is incredibly prevalent in American society today with over 94.5% of people over 16 participating in some form. That adds up to over 189 million participants every year. There are few other activities of any kind that have that high a level of participation.
- Unexpected encounter. Oakley, G.D. // British Medical Journal;7/22/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6132, p261
Relates the experience of the author in rock climbing in North Wales. Weather conditions during the climb; Challenges encountered in outdoor recreations; Unforgettable experiences.
- The Quarry. // Utah Valley Magazine;May/Jun2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p55
The article presents information on the Quarry Indoor Climbing Center in Utah that offers various outdoor recreation services.
- Entrada! Csatari, Jeff // Boys' Life;Jun99, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on rock climbing in Utah's rugged canyon lands.
- Ascent. Hull, Elizabeth // Teen Ink;Dec2013, p28
The article offers the author's insights concerning her outdoor rock climbing experience where she applied what she learned in a climbing gym.
- Ask Semi-Rad. RUTHERFORD, STEVE; Leonard, Brendan; GONZALEZ, ERICA; EIDSON, SAMMY; KINKENNON, SARA BETH; DURAND, CAMELIA; PATEL, VISH // Climbing;Dec2013/Jan2014, Issue 321, p36
The article presents questions and answers related to rock climbing and outdoor recreation, including the best and worst parts of living on the road, things to bring for a road trip in spring and the fun in rock climbing.
- What's Your Rush? BATTIS, LILA // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p109
The article reports on outdoor spots in the U.S. for men who are seeking for adventures. These spots include the Glacier National Park in Montana, the Colorado River in Grand Canyon, Arizona, and the Manta Village and Manta Heaven in Kona, Hawaii. Topics include river rafting, hiking on ice,...