Packing It In
- Cybermedia. // Inter@ctive Week;05/19/97, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p29
Presents news items related to online content, services and communications. Richy Glassberg's promotion to senior vice president of Turner Interactive Marketing and Sales; Launching of Four Points Digital LLC; Launching of the Highway ZX2 Web-ROM created by Ford Motor Co.; Expanded version of...
- Beyond the digerati. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;3/11/96, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the survey conducted by Arlington, Texas-based Decision Analyst Inc. concerning the number of households using on-line computer services in the United States. Percent of households; Education of head of family.
- SAM Online on the way. Sweeney, Claire // Travel Weekly Australia;9/1/2006, p5
The article reports that Sabre Holdings Corp. will launch its new Sabre Agency Manager (SAM) Online before the end 2006, which will provide a booking engine integrating global distribution system and low-cost domestic airline segments. Launching in the fourth quarter of 2006, SAM Online will...
- Hosted apps pick up steam. Sturdevant, Cameron // eWeek;6/18/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p39
The author analyzes the productivity applications on the Web which are offered by the leading online services such as Cisco Systems Inc. and Google Inc. in the U.S. It is stated that the applications enable enterprises to evaluate the benefits of and drawbacks to deploying hosted office tools....
- Online Removable Square Packing. Han, Xin; Iwama, Kazuo; Zhang, Guochuan // Theory of Computing Systems;Jul2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
The online removable square packing problem is a two-dimen-sional version of the online removable Knapsack problem. For a sequence of squares with side length at most 1, we are requested to pack a subset of them into a unit square bin in an online fashion where the online player can decide...
- Going Global. // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, Special section p4
Focuses on the Global Volunteer Network organization set up by Colin Salisbury in 2000. Objective of the organization; Background of the organization; Partnership with WebFarm to process online transactions; Details of the operation of the organization. INSET: FAST FACT.
- The end of computers for small wholesalers? Friedman, Dick // Supply House Times;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on the replacement of computers and software with online off-site data processing. Decrease of information systems cost of wholesalers; Involvement of application service providers (ASP) model on purchase of an unlimited-user license; Steps to investigate an ASP.
- Ready to be wow-ed. Krakowka, Lisa // Marketing Tools;May96, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p30
Cites a survey commissioned by CompuServe which served as a feasibility study for its online service called Wow!. Online habits of Americans aged 16 or older; Features of Wow!; Predicting who will go online in the future as the focus of the survey.
- Just child's play. Guglielmo, Connie // PC Week;3/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, pA/7
Forecasts on the increase in the number of children going online. Set up of interactive forums at AOL's Kids Only arena; Infonautics Corp.'s launching of its Homework Helper reference library for Prodigy; Ratio of kids on the total of Prodigy users.